Sack truck or castors???

• heathrow_b_line
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #118 by heathrow_b_line
Sack truck or castors??? was created by heathrow_b_line
Thought this would be a good point for discussion. I am thining about putting castors on all my new cabs to make them easier to move about BUT castors take up alot of van space. I have seen Chris CSG's ramp and will probably get one as well so bearing this in mind which would you prefer...
Sack truck with nice chunky air filled wheels

or

4 100mm castors on every cab

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #119 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic Sack truck or castors???
Wheel Boards.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #120 by
Replied by on topic Sack truck or castors???
The problem with sack trucks is... you can only move one cab at a a time.. if you have crew to push cabs (and alot of cabs to move), give the cabs wheels.

• heathrow_b_line
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #121 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic Sack truck or castors???

CalSystems wrote: Wheel Boards.

wheel boards are fine on flat ground but as soon as theres even a slight bump they seem to move around alot

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

More
15 years 10 months ago #123 by haymere
Replied by haymere on topic Sack truck or castors???
how a bout some of those wheels you can sink into the box itself

More
15 years 10 months ago #126 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic Sack truck or castors???

Heathrow_B_Line wrote:

CalSystems wrote: Wheel Boards.

<div></div>
<div>wheel boards are fine on flat ground but as soon as theres even a slight bump they seem to move around alot</div>

i know what you mean. was thinking about covering one i rubber. i have one that has some carpet on and thet hugs the cabinets abit better, still not ideal on real rough stuff, but for that i would try and carry cabs anyway.

More
15 years 10 months ago #129 by boycey
Replied by boycey on topic Sack truck or castors???

Heathrow_B_Line wrote: <div>wheel boards are fine on flat ground but as soon as theres even a slight bump they seem to move around alot</div>

you can get boards with straps, kind of like a seatbelt. the only thing i put on a board is the amp rack which weighs so much that it doesn't move anywhere.

i don't really have a preference, fortunately i have access to big transport so the space the wheels take up isn't an issue. i guess my only preference is if it's outdoors we want a big trolley with pneumatic tyres.

this

More
15 years 10 months ago #155 by csg
Replied by csg on topic Sack truck or castors???
well, i guess it depends on where you move you cabs around, the weight distribution of your cabs, and whether you have plenty of transport space and crew.

in my case, i work with just myself, or sometimes one other, always try to get too much kit in my van at once, and frequently move kit around on rough or soft ground.

as Kuldip has already mentioned i favour the sack barrow aproach and also have a ramp for the back of my van, so i can load and unload twin 18's myself quickly and easily.

It works well for me, and i have added skids to the bottom of my cabs to alow the toe plate of my barrows to slide in without lifting the box. all makes life a little easier.

More crew? more barrows. I do a couple of jobs every year where the ground is rough, and im using 24 or so cabs. 2 crew to a barrow, the kit goes in in no time.

so, it works for me.

new van in two weeks, so should have a fair bit more space. but still no wheels on cabs for me.

More
15 years 10 months ago #190 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic Sack truck or castors???
Wheels on everything! If it's not an easy one man lift onto something with wheels it must have wheels itself! But, I do it for a living and often do jobs on my own. I just wheel my twin 18" boxes in (while using them to carry other kit at the same time), tip them up and off you go.

If you have stuff on wheels you can do things like push a whole row of them down a corridor in a line on your own.....

Yes they take up a bit of van space but you can live with it!

More
15 years 10 months ago #195 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Sack truck or castors???
On all the original BS1200's That were made for touring and live work I put on wheel boards carrying 2 castors each. They were located with 1/4 turn camlocks. (2 pr cab) Wheels do take up space, but with these things taken off everytime we loaded, we were able to get 6 more BS1200's on a 71/2 tonner. Well worth the effort. This was not an original ASS idea. It came from Turbosound who used this method on their TMS3's.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds