A.S.S. MX600

More
15 years 10 months ago #1604 by arksystems
Replied by arksystems on topic A.S.S. MX600
HBL or Tony,can you tell me the length of the horn and the size of the mouth?
Would like to compare them with the 215's I bought from Dave(CalSystems).I think they're quite similar just with a different layout to the cabs.Also want to now who's got the edge

Dave Martin is alive and living in my kitchen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1607 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic A.S.S. MX600
i would say a bs1200 has a larger mouth. and would say horn lenghts to be similar.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1609 by arksystems
Yes ,you are probably right.
But would be nice to compare length's and mouth size....err no ,that doesn't sound right.

I think mines longer .....no, HBL's got the bigger mouth...yes thats more like it.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1610 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic A.S.S. MX600
The BS 1200 is longer than the HD. Probably by half a metre. Don't forget the HD is derived from the Turbo cabs which I regard as a short to medium throw cab.
As a matter of interest, is everyone aware of the horn path of the the BS1200, 500, etc. ?

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 10 months ago #1611 by arksystems
Yes ,but the cabs from Dave aren't an HD215.
They were apparently built by Novasound in the late 70's(cheers Robbo).And are similar to an HD with a much longer horn ,letterbox throat,tightrear chamber.Similar to a lot of cabs but different to all.If that makes sense.I'll get some pics of the plan up tomorrow.Rupe.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1612 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic A.S.S. MX600

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: The BS 1200 is longer than the HD. Probably by half a metre. Don't forget the HD is derived from the Turbo cabs which I regard as a short to medium throw cab.

As a matter of interest, is everyone aware of the horn path of the the BS1200, 500, etc. ?

i cant remember the exact lenght. but its longish

More
15 years 10 months ago #1613 by arksystems
They are twice the size of the hd215,they're 4ftx4ftx18.
Just that the angle of the baffle is similar.
Tony I remember you saying that before the HD, Turbo were the only people to load the drivers in that manner.On the slant as it were just before the bend into the horn.These might change your opinion as there quite old!
They had the rounded front of an ASS cab,the letterbox throught of a Martin ,the baffleangle of Turbo, a sort of hybrid of them all.
(sorry for the thread hijack),
What is the path length of the bs1200/500?Have you heard of Novasound?Can you shed any light.Cheers Rupe.Edited by: ArkSystems

More
15 years 10 months ago #1614 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic A.S.S. MX600
There is a picture posted in the ASS photo section of a BS600. This will give you an idea of the horn path. This principal has been carried through all ASS horn loaded cabs since around '79. This has now been copied a few times. I'm not sure whether someone elses design of this type predates this. Perhaps someone might know something I don't.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 10 months ago #1615 by arksystems

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: There is a picture posted in the ASS photo section of a BS600. This will give you an idea of the horn path. This principal has been carried through all ASS horn loaded cabs since around '79. This has now been copied a few times. I'm not sure whether someone elses design of this type predates this. Perhaps someone might know something I don't.

I'll never forget that it was that photo i saw when I first joined SP couple of years ago,made me go out and build some scoop bins the next day!(I now the BS600 aint a scoop!)True inspiration.
That is how you should have finished all your cabs, looked fantastic and reallyshowed the workmanship.

Don't worry it's not the same path as a BS600.In fact the only similarity is the rounded front like your concert series 215.An interesting cab none the less.

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds