file A.S.S. MX600

15 years 10 months ago #202 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic A.S.S. MX600
Cheers Tony
When i get my act to together i will sort out a testing session for my entire new rig, you and all other forum members would be welcome to talk speakers over afew drinks.

Any tips in setting it up would be gratefully received also

Tony, whats the best way to get them up on a stack? How did hmss do it? Thats the dodgiest thing about them i think... trying to get something that heavy, that high!

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #204 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic A.S.S. MX600
The highest, I got was 4 high and that was in the Astoria in London. Stangely enough, it's seems easier to do it when you have lots of cabs, because you can make your own staged platforms. Two high is easy (you still need 3 weetabix in the morning) If it's 3 or 21/2 high then all you do is plaqn how to get your last one up. If you do that, the rest becomes easy. I didn't say light, I said easy.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

15 years 10 months ago #326 by paulus
Replied by paulus on topic A.S.S. MX600
we got 4 mx600 and only ever use 2 at once,used the 4 outside once and were getting told to turn tops down that was with 6 rx18s and 4 pd2150 on the bass very good boxes

15 years 10 months ago #327 by paulus
Replied by paulus on topic A.S.S. MX600
we got some folded 21" FOLDED HORNS ASS for sale if interested pd2150 loaded that came from SSE

15 years 10 months ago #368 by guest
Replied by guest on topic A.S.S. MX600
I remember an episode of Star Trek that delt with parrallel universe, hard to work out and hard to spell.

The recomended X/over points are 180hz starts the mids and Xover to HF at 1.6khz. oh and get a Scissor lift

15 years 9 months ago #1595 by heathrow_b_line
the mx600's came with 8 pole speakon connectors on the back, i am thinking of replacing them with 4 pole speakons

what do you guys think?

i dont particularly want to buy 8 core cable!

15 years 9 months ago #1597 by rockin..
Replied by rockin.. on topic A.S.S. MX600
HBL, i have a pair of BS1200's im gonna be getting rid of. Only reason for sale is the guys in the band are in their 50's and are in no state to lift them. I'm looking for a pair of BS500's to go with this pair i have already. They are unloaded

Gimme a shout if interested

15 years 9 months ago #1598 by csg
Replied by csg on topic A.S.S. MX600
id be inclined to leave the 8 pole connectors - you dont need 8 pole cable unless you are running a 4 way stack, but if you are, then it is the cheapest way to go, and by far the quickest, most convenient and easiest.
ill have a look around my store - im fairly sure i have some 25m lengths of 8 core 2.5mm if you need them. will be cheap!

so, when we meeting up then - im quite free the last week in june...

15 years 9 months ago #1600 by heathrow_b_line
Rocking i would love those cabs but i dont want the drivers as they dont match mine, and i have been told that the pd1550's cant be touched in these cabs. i have hooked the pair of bs1200s up and they do indeed sound shockingly good and drop ALOT lower the hd215s! But if you pm me a price i will think about it! They are heavy cabs so i can understand you wanting something abit easier to live wih on the road.

Chris: Ok, i havent touched them yet so will think it through. if you dig up any 8core let me know, it may sway me in that direction.

i will check regarding the venue. I will hvae to ask a promoter firend of mine to sort it out as he arranged the last testing session.

my problem is i am a small fish with a big rig.... i really shouldnt have bought/made all these cabs and amps but couldnt help it. I really need to try and get some gigs lined up where i can use it.! otherwise it will be a wasteEdited by: Heathrow_B_Line

15 years 9 months ago #1603 by rockin..
Replied by rockin.. on topic A.S.S. MX600
pm sent. Its cool as i want to keep the drivers anyway :)