Way hey! New forum!

More
15 years 10 months ago #585 by hansa
Replied by hansa on topic Way hey! New forum!

tb_mike wrote: Once the rules are decided on make them a sticky post so People can see them.

I think LESS forums are good.sub,bass,mid,too many.

Agreed.

Mid/Top and sub/bass would be anough?

What seems to be the officer, problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #618 by eltron
Replied by eltron on topic Way hey! New forum!
I decided to register too. I've been reading SP for a couple of years now, staying in the background, mostly because of not yet having that much to contribute with.
I've seen scandal (a bit of a harsh word but...) after scandal, but this just takes the cake, so i guess it's good to have a backup.

I allready got the shakes earlyer today when speakerplans.com timed out for a while. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

hansa wrote:

tb_mike wrote: Once the rules are decided on make them a sticky post so People can see them.

Agreed.

+1. People seem to have enough trouble posting in the right sections anyway, less specific forums less confusion?

More
15 years 10 months ago #1631 by james, ind.st
Replied by james, ind.st on topic Way hey! New forum!
well... most of all that stuff went off whilst i was off doing france trance, or in the weeks leading up to it when i spent the whole time refurbing boxes and making cables; i've turned my computer on, like twice in all that time, which makes me a pretty shocking moderator. that said, leaving a job in networking where i was online almost all of the time in favour of being a travelling electrician who hardly ever gets a hook, at exactly the same time that i got made a mod didn't exactly help either, what little time i did get to look on sp was given over to trying to make sure it was all neat and tidy - and on the whole - civil. this has been to the detriment of actually enjoying using the site, a terrible tragedy, on a personal level at any rate...

as ian and norty have pretty much made clear, the mods had nothing to do with all of that withholding access business and have no power to intercept private messages. we only got involved as underling figures of authoritaaa to try and help a slightly ailing community that we felt so strongly in favour of. we have never acted on the instruction of others, we have however attempted to discuss between ourselves the best likely way of solving any given difficulties.

james.

ps. regarding freespeakerplans: there are already too many sections imo, way too many. i would also urge people to consider the squatjuice model of social structure and specifically rules, in that there are none and thus none to be broken. the sound system help and advice section there is very rarely trolled and whilst you need to have a fairly robust temperament to use the board generally, that part of it is actually more civilised than psw or sp half the time.

not very eloquent i know, but i'm claiming sickness as mitigating circumstance.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1640 by opus jody
Replied by opus jody on topic Way hey! New forum!

eltron wrote: I decided to register too. I've been reading SP for a couple of years now, staying in the background, mostly because of not yet having that much to contribute with.
I've seen scandal (a bit of a harsh word but...) after scandal, but this just takes the cake, so i guess it's good to have a backup.

I allready got the shakes earlyer today when speakerplans.com timed out for a while. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

hansa wrote:

Agreed.

+1. People seem to have enough trouble posting in the right sections anyway, less specific forums less confusion?

+ another one.

General audio discussion
advanced
audio electronics
non audio (
like the unmoderated section)

plans: bass
mid/top
other plans
(racks & stuff)
one thread per plan, so all info on each plan is in one thread. the popular plans naturally stay at the top.
wanted
for sale

Also, I do think the forum should remain 'amature', i mean what do you do when your worst enemy posts his commercial stuff? ban it 'cos he's not part of 'your club?'
Suppose i start advertizing ripped off A.S.S. speakers for cheaper - for example.
I don't care about deck isolators etc, they are a service for all, but to advertise (semi?) proffesional speakers on here might be all matey at the moment, but i'm sure competitors will end up battling it out eventually, dividing the forum into camps.
I mean, whats to stop F1 advertising, next to Boke F1 rippoffs (for example).
Or opus (not that we would) covertly sl*gging off X,Y &Z, pretending to be end users.

hopefully its useful, occasionally, for people like me, tony ASS, andy amp, Neville (ex PD, now Celestion),NCA etc to be able to answer questions about specific products, but its surely not the place for commercial advertizing.
keep it 'free' eh?
That was my main gripe with SP - the void connection. I didn't think it was right to have all the void previews any more than it would be ok for opus to launch new products. I wonder how that might have gone down.

my 2p's worth.
PS, I'm tempted to put my 'wheelie bin' plans up, as they're not an opus thing. still thinking about it.

opus pocus

More
15 years 10 months ago #1658 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Way hey! New forum!
O.J. just a small point. As i'm out of the picture now as a full on speaker builder, what ever happens next regarding ASS speakers doesn't really matter to me any more. There isn't any conflict of interest anywhere as far as I'm concerned. I'm freelance now, and 2 of the recent installs I've done have involved non ASS speakers. I'm just going to do what I can to help on here as I'm sure you will. Onwards and upwards.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds