Way hey! New forum!

More
15 years 11 months ago #271 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Way hey! New forum!

GAZ. wrote: Hello! I'm GAZ.Also on speakerplans under the same name. I'm hovering between the two sites at the moment.
Are others here from speakerplans going to move away from there completey?

I'm only on this one from now on. Don't forget this has happened because of an admission by the admin group the they had been reading our PMs'. I used to get masses of pms and it didn't matter to me who saw them, but the worst thing for me is that they formed an attitude over what they read and took action based on how they would like things to be, which certainly isn't democratic. However, that's in the past and we move on. Edited by: Tony.A.S.S.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #273 by vibes
Replied by vibes on topic Way hey! New forum!
im glad to be able to be here from the start and see this site build and grow over time ,,

thanks

More
15 years 11 months ago #283 by toastyghost
Replied by toastyghost on topic Way hey! New forum!
It's a shame not to have the wealth of information already present on Speakerplans' Forums though, particularly in reference to the range of existing plans released there and indeed the insight into the design of pro-grade products that Rog provided.

I think the creation of this forum was a little too early and a knee-jerk reaction, and dividing the community is never a good thing.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #286 by
Replied by on topic Way hey! New forum!
Hi all...

SP2 a new day dawns over speaker land... if I can help I will.

4D

More
15 years 11 months ago #287 by ickymay
Replied by ickymay on topic Way hey! New forum!
hi guys [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

trust me Im a teenagers father!

More
15 years 11 months ago #290 by Lasse Lukkari
Replied by Lasse Lukkari on topic Way hey! New forum!

toastyghost wrote: It's a shame not to have the wealth of information already present on Speakerplans' Forums though.

I think the creation of this forum was a little too early and a knee-jerk reaction, and dividing the community is never a good thing.

I'm going to make a searchable database of the old forum as soon as I have time. I have been really busy at work for the past months and it doesn't look any better any time soon. After 8-9 hours of coding and SQL every day it's really hard to motivate yourself to do anything... I have written nearly 15000 lines of code during the last 2 moths. Anyone who has ever coded anything knows how much that is.

As I can't copy the old database I have to write a program that is going to parse the old forum posts from html to a new database. It's gonna take some time...
Edited by: Lasse Lukkari

More
15 years 11 months ago #294 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Way hey! New forum!

Lasse Lukkari wrote: I have written nearly 15000 lines of code during the last 2 moths. Anyone who has ever coded anything knows how much that is.

Yup .

But I think I was genetically created to be a Programmer, as work just feels I'm being paid to do what I did at Uni..

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
15 years 11 months ago #307 by toastyghost
Replied by toastyghost on topic Way hey! New forum!

Lasse Lukkari wrote:

As I can't copy the old database I have to write a program that is going to parse the old forum posts from html to a new database. It's gonna take some time...

Screenscraping that much data will be a massive chore, rather you than me! Hope you come up with a way to counter the board's limit on how far back to list threads for a section; it seems it will only do a certain number of pages and to go further back you have to conduct a search.

It might be a good opportunity to wiki some of the more useful or commonly asked for data.

Out of curiosity, was the forum software chosen solely for familiarity? There are far better options out there is all, I've never been a big fan of the way Web Wiz worked and it's also limiting in regards to custom mods or extensions.
Edited by: toastyghost

More
15 years 11 months ago #309 by static age
Replied by static age on topic Way hey! New forum!
hi guys, i just found this new forum from the link in C hardens sig over on SP.

i refrained from comment on alot of the unpleasantness that was going on over on SP but needless to say i didnt aggree with the way certain people were being treated.

any way its great to see this new forum getting off the ground & i hope i can contribute in some small way.

Dan
Edited by: Static Age

I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony.

• strapping young stu
More
15 years 11 months ago #318 by strapping young stu
Replied by strapping young stu on topic Way hey! New forum!
I appear to have totally missed this.... what exactly happened, ya know just so that people who dont know..... know?

Power = Versatility x Intelligence

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds