file The Monoblock Amplifier

12 years 10 months ago #13674 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ
Replied by ΚΔΠШΔЯ on topic The Monoblock Amplifier

bitzo wrote: about mounting of cooling fan...what do you think about a connector on the fan? I mean not solder them just like some server. You place the fan in its position and the male connector link it to the board where its placed a female connector. In that way you can easly clean them or change.

we always use connectors for fans smiley1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #13675 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ

levyte357 wrote: Yes..

I also agree fuse per speakon is more output protection in case of numpty setup. :lol:

IMHO, Amp has to have Gain Pot.

Some crews like to gradually raise the Sub amp gain, as the amp warms up through the gig... smiley2

ok then Green signal for Gain POT. smiley20

12 years 10 months ago #13676 by NITZ V1505
Replied by NITZ V1505 on topic The Monoblock Amplifier

Kanwar wrote:

Narinder Dadral wrote: About tunnel cooling didnt you write somewhere before that this method cooling the o/p devices
wasnt consistent i.e. cooled them down at different rates. No matter this shouldnt be an issue if you use 2x5" fan on each end.
About the case what do you mean by dedicated 19"rack mount ? The old one was 19" rackmount too . The height I assume will be the same as the stereo version, so will you alter the depth? Just thinking about the layout of psu and tunnel with respect to balancing the weight evenly.

Tunnel cooling with only one fan would result in difference in temperature of devices which are mounted across the length of the tunnel, But when you have push-pull arrangement with 2-Fans on each end of the Tunnel, the thermal gradient stabilizes and difference is no longer there. Regarding chassis, the transformer would be on one side and tunnel on other side, it won't properly balance the amplifier though, but good in utilizing the space more efficiently. Chassis has to be designed for proper monoblock.

Push pull tunnel cooling sounds good. Would the psu need a fan too? I suggest at least a fan at the rear drawing in cool air from the front.
The transformer on one side and the tunnel on the other is a good choice and should be more or less balanced in weight.
Ive got a feeling this amp is already turning into a giant killer!!!!!!

12 years 10 months ago #13677 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ
Don't worry everything would be taken care of smiley1

12 years 10 months ago #13685 by arnolao
Replied by arnolao on topic The Monoblock Amplifier
Love this thread.
Sounds promising. smiley20

12 years 10 months ago #13690 by NITZ V1505

Kanwar wrote: Don't worry everything would be taken care of smiley1

smiley20 Im sure the amp will be more than capable .On the intake fan I suggest a filter to keep the tunnel free of dust as the fan will be sucking in alot of air.

12 years 10 months ago #13692 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ

NITZ V1505 wrote:

smiley20 Im sure the amp will be more than capable .On the intake fan I suggest a filter to keep the tunnel free of dust as the fan will be sucking in alot of air.

Filter gets clogged of dust and moisture , hence i always stay away from it and the intake fan will not be mounted directly on face plate, some trick is there at work , stay tuned for chassis pics but it will take time.

12 years 10 months ago #13698 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic The Monoblock Amplifier

Kanwar wrote:

NITZ V1505 wrote:

Filter gets clogged of dust and moisture , hence i always stay away from it and the intake fan will not be mounted directly on face plate, some trick is there at work , stay tuned for chassis pics but it will take time.

Obstructed air flow is not good idea.
This amp had lot's of power, also reputation for channels overheating and blowing, even in 4 ohm stereo.
smiley11

On many amps, rear/front air filters are service items.

So, small price to pay really, for most efficient air flow front to back. smiley2

Is there not a standard sized filter for standard fans ?

Could this layout be used, but with no transistors on the underside?

Coolest running amps I've ever used,

imageshack.us/f/168/tampproinnen.jpg/

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

12 years 10 months ago #13701 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ
When using a push-pull tunnel, obstruction to airflow will be like wastage of resources and less efficient cooling which certainly no one would go for. The intake of fan will employ 2" air pocket to over come this and exhaust will be at back. This way, no chance of obstruction and there will be a free flow exhaust.

12 years 10 months ago #13709 by NITZ V1505

levyte357 wrote:

Kanwar wrote:

Obstructed air flow is not good idea.
This amp had lot's of power, also reputation for channels overheating and blowing, even in 4 ohm stereo.
smiley11

On many amps, rear/front air filters are service items.

So, small price to pay really, for most efficient air flow front to back. smiley2

Is there not a standard sized filter for standard fans ?

Could this layout be used, but with no transistors on the underside?

Coolest running amps I've ever used,

imageshack.us/f/168/tampproinnen.jpg/

Im no amp expert or anything but Id rather a filter getting clogged up with dust or moisture than my output devices !!!!!!!
Lev that ca18 has a good layout and good idea of op devices on top.

Kanwar could you tell us how the o/p devices are coupled to the heatsink . In the 10Kw thread the picture of the pcb's shows them flat.
Like I say Im no expert or anything just wanted to know like Lev if the o/p devices could be put on top.

Moderators: levyte357