Best New Entertainer 2011 - Heat II

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 days ago #12728 by levyte357
Best New Entertainer 2011 - Heat II was created by levyte357
What happened chaps?

Everyone was talking about Heat I quickly after the session..

Heat II, nothing..

Did someone get killed !? :lol:

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 days ago #12730 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Best New Entertainer 2011 - Heat II
looks like government sound and ebony showcase went thru. well done guys smiley32

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 days ago #12731 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Best New Entertainer 2011 - Heat II

saul wrote: looks like government sound and ebony showcase went thru. well done guys smiley32

Thought everyone said the Terrahorns would obliterate the scoops ?

More
13 years 6 days ago #12733 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic Best New Entertainer 2011 - Heat II
terra horns didn't sound nice at all, very rough sounding bass no real tones or depth, didnt drop low either - all to do with how they were set up i would imagine. the owner of the venue himself said he expected the bass to be much louder from all the sounds. ital vibes had some technicals which was a shame.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 days ago #12734 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Best New Entertainer 2011 - Heat II

luton_soundman wrote: terra horns didn't sound nice at all, very rough sounding bass no real tones or depth, didnt drop low either - all to do with how they were set up i would imagine. the owner of the venue himself said he expected the bass to be much louder from all the sounds. ital vibes had some technicals which was a shame.

smiley11

What about the crew with full scoops, which drivers/amps on low end?

They didn't slam either ?

More
13 years 6 days ago #12735 by luton_soundman
ital vibes had full scoops pd186 loaded. dont know what amps though. whole time i was there they had technicals unfortunatly. will give him a bell later and find out what went on. on their last tune they were firing much better than before but still needed tuning. was expecting pressure levels to be immense....a week back heard 2 eminence ps18 and 2 18xb loaded scoops firing nice deep and low all powered off of 1 c mark 2650 and 2 u pre....scoops were 2 different pairs aswell unkown old boxes so going by that id expect fane 1000's and pd186's/1850's to do much better.

More
13 years 6 days ago #12738 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Best New Entertainer 2011 - Heat II
i wasn't there -but i reckon:

that room aint big enough for terra sized horns. would have been better off with Gsubs.

terras are for the outdoors/carnival floats smiley32

More
13 years 6 days ago #12739 by luton_soundman
i agree saul but they were not set up to play roots so still would of fell on their arse unfortunatly. i was looking forward to hearing them aswell.

More
13 years 6 days ago #12740 by minaximal
Replied by minaximal on topic Best New Entertainer 2011 - Heat II

luton_soundman wrote: i agree saul but they were not set up to play roots so still would of fell on their arse unfortunatly. i was looking forward to hearing them aswell.

Thats a shame, glad people seemed to enjoy the day though. Disjunkt don't just play roots normaly, and i have mentioned to biotec before a 6dB of gain at tuning or something similar is what the terra's need to compete with roots style scoop resonances in a small venue, but the sound of the terra horns is very flat and silky smooth normaly as i designed them to be that, whereas scoops often have a resonant peak or two which can sound more musical, but less true to the original material, thats where the choices of engineering come into play, and Biotec likes it rounded and flat normaly which isn't to everyones taste, but works perfectly for most styles of music, i hope he cranked them up though as not being scoops and in a small room they still can do crazy things when pushed hard and standing directly infront of them.

Anyway, good to see the front loaded horns were allowed the midlands smiley36

smiley33

still minaximal

More
13 years 6 days ago #12741 by paulus
Replied by paulus on topic Best New Entertainer 2011 - Heat II
ital vibes were usin a crown 5k, and yeah the terra horns were turned up on about the last 2 tunes smiley13 really wanted to hear them in anger but didnt happen.but a great day still...........last time i played in there with KILOWATTS we agreed to just do a nice and easy tesing session.......................it didnt happen and soon turned into who had the most nerve :lol: we agreed a draw as both had mexican wave issues with the ceiling from front to back of room...only sound to do that on sun was the minis........................ right from the start the whole stack sounded very nice smiley32

Moderators: levyte357
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds