new scoop design

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #9913 by bee
Replied by bee on topic new scoop design
nice reading bitzo, Levyte, same as bitzo said..... with all the talk of late about scoops, i thought i would have a go at designing one. Ive never built a scoop or ever designed one before so though it would make an interesting winter project. I have looked at the old fane, jbl etc. But what is there to learn by building someone elses design....... smiley33

How low should i be looking to go with my scoop and how high should it go as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #9914 by bee
Replied by bee on topic new scoop design
Bitzo re- your post doesnt the angles of the bend have less affect on low freq, so this is not such a problem for a scoop. i.e. if it was a mid horn then the angles of the fold would come in to play.

More
13 years 6 months ago #9916 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic new scoop design

bee wrote: This is my first go at designing a scoop, any tips on making it better....... please note 3D image does not include baffles.....

you could try making it out of wood

More
13 years 6 months ago #9917 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic new scoop design

bee wrote: Bitzo re- your post doesnt the angles of the bend have less affect on low freq, so this is not such a problem for a scoop. i.e. if it was a mid horn then the angles of the fold would come in to play.

yeah, I know 1/2wavelength is too long to affect but....what if the duct mouth is littler than throat? I've simmed that and seems that give more extension but why? How could be described the acoustical circuit?

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #9920 by bee

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds