file Who makes the best mini scoop

12 years 4 months ago #15775 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Who makes the best mini scoop

staiper wrote: Again, with all respect (I do not want to "prove" or claim anything .. just constructive discuss/analyze) smiley1

I am still not convinced.

Handhold SPL meter can tell you generally close to nothing about bass cabinet this way.
SPL meter will just show you overall maximum noise spikes from cabinet regardless to freq. or bandwidth of that max. SPL zone.
I have quick sketched one example to show what may happen here:

I agree.

Many people insist scoops have to be measured for real comparison... To each their own.

Personally, to judge a cab, or group of cabs, I'll firstly look at amp/amps driving the cabs, then stand at least 15M back, and make my observations.

How some people can stand directly in front of a cab, and then say on the internet, it is the loudest cab they've ever heard, beats me..

I just made the point that in the Scoop test, the Shortman measured slightly louder than S118.

In reality, in huge venue or outside, very few scoops will match S118+1850 output and throw. averaged over 40-80hz.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #15779 by paulus
Replied by paulus on topic Who makes the best mini scoop
yeah it was crazy that the little mini was highest on the spl list,esp as it was my s118s that were in testing smiley36 defo a another shootout is needed,as few more scoops around to buy now,ie ligwa,marvin,marlon etc etc :)

12 years 4 months ago #15780 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic Who makes the best mini scoop
somebodys enquiring about a venue in london smiley2

12 years 4 months ago #15781 by bee