Thought about .. scoop - of course

More
12 years 6 months ago #15586 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Thought about .. scoop - of course
As this is often a Forum for getting ideas from someone else, usually because it's the cheapest option and less fundamental knowledge is required, experiments for and on behalf of the community will always be slow. with so many people looking for a cheap cab, they are hardly likely to spend time and money on ideas, that is if they have any in the first place. Since I've been on these forums, I have seen some great work both in building and ideas, but those occasions will always be rare.
Nice to see you back on here Rog, have you been in Hibernation?

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15588 by Rog Mogale
Replied by Rog Mogale on topic Thought about .. scoop - of course

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Nice to see you back on here Rog, have you been in Hibernation?

Hi Tony,

Well kind of a hibernation.

I’ve been doing the plots and system settings for the Incubus array. With something this important I like to keep my head down and get as much space as I can. There are a lot of people expecting this to be good, so I better not let them down.

There has also been a lot of input for all the drivers from most of the top manufacturers. I don’t think any project has ever required so many customised drivers before. I’m very lucky to have got B&C, Beyma, Fatal Pro and BMS to improve on and come up with some very esoteric versions of there best products. So I feel rather obliged to make this project something special.

Another few days and I should be able to pop me head out of the demo room and have more time to chat on here.

How’s things with you.

Rog.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15589 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Thought about .. scoop - of course
excellent stuff Rog, I'm glad you're still active with your projects. At least when it's done you'll be able to spash it all over this Forum without any recriminations. (I'm sure that's how you spell it).

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
12 years 6 months ago #15592 by bee

• staiper
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #15624 by staiper
Replied by staiper on topic Thought about .. scoop - of course
Thank you all for comments :) ...

I do not think that this idea is something so "big" or revolutionary ..in fact it is very very simple.
Only difference from some previous solutions is that this way it is possible quickly tune - re-tune throat area with speaker in cabinet whenever wished and that cabinet structure strength is not compromised.

Of course once one find value which sounds best to his (or her ;) ) preference there is no reason for further fiddling with this.
.. But than if ever driver unit is replaced with other model from any good reason or pure curiosity one can try to listen and "re-tune" throat again .. or even try different setup with same driver in different spaces.

For now I will hold finished plan-idea on "private" :shh: level at least before it is prototyped/tested to find out how it behave on real model.

More
12 years 5 months ago #15626 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic Thought about .. scoop - of course
if I get your idea in the right way you can tune the throat height with a simple panel, but also...you can add a dog leg as well.
Another tunable mod shoud be put a wood ring aroud the driver so you can encrease the distance between the rear baffle and the magnet, and the compression chamber volume too simply adding more ring.

keep up good work.

• staiper
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #15782 by staiper
Replied by staiper on topic Thought about .. scoop - of course
Now I have finished two plans based around this tunable throat idea.

First is full size scoop cabinet. No compromise, classic layout.. complex/angles as full scoop is. Hard core bracing/double edging (Tony style) .. Experienced builder may be recommended to make this one at classy level.

Other is "mini" simplified to be light and DIY-able as much possible (many parts share at least some same dimensions to simplify parts cutting-preparation ) without compromising design. Low border of "medium" chamber type, nice defined tunable throat, no unnecessary "wasted" spaces, H900mm x W 600mm (or 576mm if truck-pack space is important) x D700mm ..maybe one of smallest "mini's" ( 50-60mm less depth than most.

Both designs will require pretty precise and pedantic hands and measuring to make tunable throat part. - nothing craze, too complicated but will require some skill.

LOL .. Do world really need more scoops. ...or we (yes you :wave: who reading this too) are all gone scoop-mad.. (or at least on good way) smiley29

More
12 years 5 months ago #15783 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Thought about .. scoop - of course
Think I'll just buy an 1850 then scale up a Wembley cab by 20% or so.
Can be the Tallman (I am) :lol:

More
12 years 5 months ago #15801 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic Thought about .. scoop - of course
other tought about scoop...
what do you think guys about neo in scoops? Have you ever heard and what combo? I mean small medium large chamber...

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds