MT-130

More
12 years 8 months ago #14686 by shokzi
Replied by shokzi on topic MT-130
Quick question: how would this work with the MKB-230 and X1? if so, how much of each?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15505 by iccen
Replied by iccen on topic MT-130

allofit wrote: anyone made one of these?

yes i made one the sound is very good i want to make the another two

More
11 years 9 months ago #18733 by Gingernuts
Replied by Gingernuts on topic Re: MT-130
I'm building a couple of these cabs in veiw to build more if all goes well. Does anybody know if an Eminance Delta 12A would work in this cab or another similar budget driver? I know the PD is the recomended driver however as i've said i'm only messing around with the design at the moment so i'm trying to keep cost to a min for now and hopefully all being well swap the drivers for B&C,PD,BMS ect.

Cheers,

Ben

More
11 years 9 months ago #18735 by kevinmcdonough
Replied by kevinmcdonough on topic Re: MT-130
hey

your problem would be that horn cabs can be VERY picky about their drivers, and unless something has been tested and tried already its often best just to stick with the one that the horn was designed for.

Your problem may be that if the initial driver doesnt work, you may be put off the design of the can and think that it sounds rubbish and your first impressions will stick, even though it may sound far better with the correct driver.

k

More
11 years 9 months ago #18736 by Gingernuts
I understand that but the PD driver isnt off the shelf (blu aran want something like 60 days!) so I was wondering what else might work? Even if I got hold of the PD drivers, and say one got blown or damaged then i'm in a pickle again. Surley there must be a off the shelf budget driver to use for this cab?

More
11 years 9 months ago #18737 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Re: MT-130
celestion 1225 will work, b&c 12ndl76 will work, ill sim the delta etc tomorrow for you m8t.....

More
11 years 9 months ago #18738 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic Re: MT-130
Maybe consider drivers such as RCF MB12G301 worth simulating.

The PD123ER (original driver for the MT121 which isn't too dissimilar) is available off the shelf at Bluearan. Price seems a little high compared with the other PD 12" drivers, worth haggling.

Don't forget the B&C 12PE32, classic midrange horn driver which Bluearan have at quite a good price at the moment.

More
11 years 9 months ago #18756 by Gingernuts
Ok so I got the first cab built today and loaded it with a spare 12" I had lying around (JBL 2206). Sat it above a LAB horn cross @ 130 bw24 and i'm quite pleased with the resualts. Paul has given me a good price for the PD121's which are on back order so when I get the other cab built i'll get over to BEE's and were get back with some SMARRT plots etc... B)

More
11 years 6 months ago #19044 by Tremorsoundsystem
Replied by Tremorsoundsystem on topic Re: MT-130
Hi Guys.

The PD. 121 is outta stock at blue aran with a wait time of 45+ days

Has anyone had any experience with using the PD.123er instead?

Would be nice to use a driver than is more available for re coning etc in future

More
11 years 4 months ago #19189 by superspunk
Replied by superspunk on topic Re: MT-130
It´s necessary to put glass fiber inside??

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds