MT-130

More
13 years 10 months ago #8795 by Wiggle
Replied by Wiggle on topic MT-130
Cheers guys smiley1

Is this cab held in similar regard as the MT 121 or better?

I tried to upload my sketchup model incase it was of any use but the forum says the extension is not allowed, is this for copywrite reasons or am I ok to upload the file to an external host?

Many thanks smiley4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8796 by bee
Replied by bee on topic MT-130
nicky you are correct, smiley2 if you are going to build measure the horn with hf attached then work out how far back to put it..... ive not listend to eather so i dont no. why not build 1 of each out of mdf, very cheap to build proto types with and have a listen...... use it as a good guide on building the finished ones out of ply.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8797 by Wiggle
What advantages does ply have over mdf? Durability? I was under the impression mdf is good for speaker builds due to its density/sound reproduction? I'd only be building 2 speakers cabs and over a long period of time (when I get downtime at work) so I'd prefer to go all out making just two high quality cabs with minimum man hours

• giveortake
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 10 months ago #8798 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic MT-130

Wiggle wrote:
I tried to upload my sketchup model incase it was of any use but the forum says the extension is not allowed, is this for copywrite reasons or am I ok to upload the file to an external host?

Many thanks smiley4

Hi Wiggle I will look into it tomorrow.What is the extension of the file you are trying to upload?

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
13 years 10 months ago #8799 by Wiggle

GIVEorTAKE wrote:

Wiggle wrote:

Many thanks smiley4

Hi Wiggle I will look into it tomorrow.What is the extension of the file you are trying to upload?

Google SketchUp Model (.skp) smiley20

More
13 years 10 months ago #8800 by bee
mdf would give the best sound quality, due its density. But its too easy for water, damp etc to ruin the box, also the corners and edges are not as strong. Birch ply is the best you want 12 layers to the ply and preferably 18mm on the sides of the box. Using ply is a trade off against life of cab vs sound. All pro builders use ply for pa use. You could use mdf for home use. For me i hate using mdf due to the fine dust particles when cutting. If you decide to use mdf please use a mask as the dust can be harmfull.

• giveortake
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 10 months ago #8804 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic MT-130
The upload should work now smiley2

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
13 years 10 months ago #8806 by Wiggle

GIVEorTAKE wrote: The upload should work now smiley2

smiley20

It should be attached now. All sections are done to scale so anyone who wants to use the model as a cutting list only needs to use the dimension tool to measure each part. I should add that the exploded diagram is a duplicate and is also to scale smiley1

I'm fortunate in that I'm a woodwork technician so it is possible for me to use a fairly kitted out workshop, though it is a little old fashioned!

Is there a quality supplier which you guys use for your ply? Last time I remember looking it was around £70 for an 8' x 4' sheet @ 18mm
Attachments:

More
13 years 10 months ago #8807 by bee
i pay £25.00 for 12mm and £35 for 18mm birch ply, b and q prices are a rip off. best bet is to go to a quality wood yard.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8885 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic MT-130
Loosely based on the MT-130.
I wanted a square cab and needed to use my Kappa Pro 500 drivers, these are too deep for plan.
Tops are Beyma CP-380m.
The cabs will go on top of ES18-BPH which is on top of Rhino.[attachment=2:3vrr8l60]<!-- ia2 -->P3180368.JPG<!-- ia2 -->[/attachment:3vrr8l60][attachment=0:3vrr8l60]<!-- ia0 -->P3180374.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:3vrr8l60][/attachment][attachment=1:3vrr8l60]<!-- ia1 -->P3180373.JPG<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:3vrr8l60]
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds