MHB-46

More
14 years 2 months ago #7636 by JJD
Replied by JJD on topic MHB-46
the letterbox is 22.2 * 36 = 799,2, same as S1/S2, so i think it can be consider the start of the horn

When you export Hornresp to Akabak, the rear chamber is simulate as a duct. The script describe a surface with a lenght, one node is rear driver diaphragm, other node is the event, by defaut, the event and the radiator are on the same plane, path lenght = 0 , exactly as Hornesp simulate. Try the comparison an play with the LRC value in akabak. When you put 100 in script, the gap in the response curve is the same as hornresp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7637 by bee
Replied by bee on topic MHB-46
JJd i double checked your measurements and they seem ok. Bitzo when you export to akabak i have found that the sims can be way off on some box designs. I would sim by splitting section one into a duct then the horn from there as in S1 etc.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7638 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic MHB-46
OK, that's that then ;)
So what's a 186 like in there? Pretty please..

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #7639 by bee
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by bee.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7640 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic MHB-46
smiley27

Oh well, bloody horns.
Looks like Staips Mk3 Mini is going to get a trial
They've gotta go in something, new table saw on its way, mental spotnails staple gun and a new lock-up

More
14 years 2 months ago #7641 by bee
Replied by bee on topic MHB-46
and a lock up lol...... Im building a new workshop - storage shed at the bottom of me garden. i layed the foundations last week, picking up bricks tomorrow and will start build on tuesday...... ready for some spring building of speakers.... :-D

More
14 years 2 months ago #7642 by JJD
Bee, don't know how you obtain this curve, but this design is an hybrid with reflex event and you must add the event. There is a gap in your curve at 50Hz, this gap is the tuning frequency wich proves that you don't add the event

when you have calculate, and when you are in the SPL response windows, go to TOOLS, then COMBINED RESPONSE to add the event to the horn. Path length is 0

MHB+ PD186 =

Not really bad, but the original RCF 18N401 will be a bit better.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7643 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic MHB-46
Hi Guys!
it was a sunday morning hangover smiley11

just edited the HR input

how did make the throat chamber volume of 4.7 litres?

not much difference in the 2 anyway

More
14 years 2 months ago #7645 by JJD
the front volume of the driver is near 2.5 litres (I think), and this volume is add to the volume of the circular hole in front of the speaker. but 4700 or 8400 in VTC doesn't make significant difference.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7646 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic MHB-46

JJD wrote: the letterbox is 22.2 * 36 = 799,2, same as S1/S2, so i think it can be consider the start of the horn

agree..but the letterbox throat have different width and height from the s1, in hr don't care but in akabak yes

JJD wrote: When you export Hornresp to Akabak, the rear chamber is simulate as a duct. The script describe a surface with a lenght, one node is rear driver diaphragm, other node is the event, by defaut, the event and the radiator are on the same plane, path lenght = 0 , exactly as Hornesp simulate. Try the comparison an play with the LRC value in akabak. When you put 100 in script, the gap in the response curve is the same as hornresp.

yes but in akabak you can sim only 2 duct shape round or rectangular, then to compensate the difference hr put the arc value to me is better use the VB tag, in order to take care of the cone volume. By the way to me the vrc of this cab have to be simulated in 3 duct. In this way:
ops...don't coloured all the duct...sorry.
and then seeing the first revision of the plan we have to reduce the inner widht of the first part and the last part of the horn because of the bracing so would be 56,4-1,8 but I don't think it changes so much in the sim.. just pernickety smiley2

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds