lightbulb CUBO10

10 years 8 months ago #20243 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Re: CUBO10
cubo... a quick question.... if i use a 10" in a cubo12 and remove 2inchs from its width will it still sound the same as loading a cubo12 with a 10" driver at standard width?

im asking as you say the 12 works well with a 10" driver in i was just wondering if i could make it more slender as it uses a slightly smaller driver

cheers fella!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #20260 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: CUBO10

how do's the cubo12 preforms white the beyma12sw1300? I want to make one.I only do not know a driver to chose

That's a good driver for sure, it will need some power to get going. It's at an optimum in combination with 500 -1500 Watt amplifier, up to about 500 Watts there are plenty other drivers that will perform for a (much) lower cost. If you need to impress and have the dough this driver is a good choice, so I would decide basically on basis of the amplifier you've got and your budget.

PS I have always been told that you do not excist.

Best regards

Cubo

10 years 8 months ago #20261 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: CUBO10

cubo... a quick question.... if i use a 10" in a cubo12 and remove 2inchs from its width will it still sound the same as loading a cubo12 with a 10" driver at standard width?

If reducing the width does not influence the sound/ performance, you might as well make it 18 inches smaller.

That being said, for a 10 inch driver the width can be reduced by 2 inches, without degrading performance too much, as the length stays the same I aspect a simliar frequecy response as well.

Best regards

Cubo

10 years 8 months ago #20263 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Re: CUBO10
cheers fella... was just looking into the slim-line stuff was all... these things roll around in my head.
maybe even a duel 10" in one cab almost exactly 20" wide may even work as a single box solution for smaller setups..... stick casters on the back and use it to load the tops on it and you could kart around a uniquely small rig.

.. i think WAAAAAAY to much sometimes... lol