ASS Concert and Q System

• Silversurfer
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #8787 by Silversurfer
ASS Concert and Q System was created by Silversurfer
Tony, referring to the following thread, would you mind to help???

forum.speakerplans.com/ass-concert-and-q-system_topic39601.html

Kindest regards and respect to the most famous speaker designer ever!

gzg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8788 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic ASS Concert and Q System
Hi Mate, Just been over to the other side and read the posts. There has never been any plans for ASS product. This is the main reason. Most of the Name builders like Martin, Turbosound etc. have never built there own cabs. They have always relied on outside builders such as myself to build them. Consequently, they always had to produce working drawings for manufacture. Regarding ASS, all my cabs were designed on full size on sheets of ply, from that, jigs and patterns were produced. So when a cab commences production, a cutting sheet is all that is needed, hence no plans as such.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• Silversurfer
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #8789 by Silversurfer
Replied by Silversurfer on topic ASS Concert and Q System
Thanks a lot for your reply!
I think I have to accept, that there are no plans available for your great designs...
Would it be okay for you to release the footprints of the mentioned cabs at least?

More
13 years 10 months ago #8790 by tony.a.s.s.
I don't have any jigs or patterns for these cabs. These were all disposed of nearly 3 years ago when I thought I might be putting down the saw for good.

• Silversurfer
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #8805 by Silversurfer
anyway, thx in advance!

Are these concert cabs completely out of production? Do you know, if there are still some in action anywhere in the middle of europe? I really would like to hear such an amazing stack one day!

greez

More
13 years 10 months ago #8810 by tony.a.s.s.
One of the problems of finding second hand ASS in the UK is that when we were in full production, 90% of what I produced went abroad. The biggest taker was Germany followed by France. I still have a picture of the cabs on the front cover of Sono. We did very well from Scandinavia right down the Southern Spain

• Silversurfer
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #8813 by Silversurfer
That sounds good to me, I'm from austria, that's near germany... unfortunately I have never seen any cabs for sale in the web, seems that none wants to sell his ASS gear.
Would be great if you could post that picture!

More
13 years 10 months ago #8862 by satassfaction
Replied by satassfaction on topic ASS Concert and Q System
Yeah Tony post that picture! smiley14

More
13 years 10 months ago #8865 by tony.a.s.s.
Ok, I'll look for the mag and get in on.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8888 by satassfaction
Replied by satassfaction on topic ASS Concert and Q System
Arw, that's splendid Tone thanks dude. Any other postings of images of Concert System related stuff would be greatly appreciated as there's just so few images out there.
Tony on Ebay at present is it a former clientl of yours in Southend who's selling four MX350's on Ebay right now?
Paul and I would luv to obtain two stacks of an RX system with those wicked tweeter strip cabs that go between two MX350's.
That's another rig for the A.S.S collection we needs, and will seek to pocess like Gollum after his ring.
''My precious, my precious, me curse Baggin-siss!''
According to Paul the bin on the RX system that sits under the pair of MX350's is the desgin of an SB218H that's been chopped in half? But is loaded with a fifteen.
I've never even seen an SB218H in real life ever, or any images of one other than in a catalogue. It's a tuff looking cab that's in the desgin style of an MX1200 with the drivers access pannel and the angles of the wood that meet the acess pannel! I'd luv to obtain a pair of those one day. How many SB218's did you make Tony?
Tony could you please post some images of the RX system as there's not many i've seen, and none on this forum, that i'm aware of.
My and Paul's paint arrives this week, so our MX450 system on the three MX1200, that are on the three Mx121rt's should be posted soon.
Me curse Baggin-sis :lol:

Moderators: tony.a.s.s.
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds