Deck Isolators.

More
15 years 10 months ago #602 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Deck Isolators.
Hans, it may well have been that I was helping members with discounts on B and C speakers, or a combination of both. Not much money in it, but I don't need to earn a living that way. So I thought it would be productive for members.
The Deck Islolators are something I developed a long while ago and sold then steadily over the past 5-6 years It's a product that saves a lot of grief when playing vinyl. There you go. another advert and I didn't realize.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #605 by
Replied by on topic Deck Isolators.
I'm sure no one need this spelling out but these isolators are ace, so much better than our previous rubber band wobbly turntable effort...

More
15 years 10 months ago #608 by hansa
Replied by hansa on topic Deck Isolators.

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: There you go. another advert and I didn't realize.

Still I'm not feeling the urge to buy B&C or deck isolators atm :D

Nice and simple deck isolators tow. They look both sturdy, easy to use and compact.
No need for those wobbly inflatable ones.
Edited by: hansa

What seems to be the officer, problem?

More
15 years 10 months ago #1759 by tony.a.s.s.
The deck Isolators are still for sale. Worth considering if you're still playing vinyl.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2007 by Alex_C
Replied by Alex_C on topic Deck Isolators.

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Worth considering if you're still playing vinyl.

i have to say up till saturday night i've been slightly sceptical about these and thought that foam and concrete did a perfectly good job... NOT ANY MORE! my mates had the system out at a warehouse party in leeds and the decks were up on a mezenine kind of thing in a railway arch and the floor wood supported by steel RSJ's attached to the walls and the feedback was horrific for a while, we got it to an almost acceptable level with a couple layers of foam and concrete but then Darkmatter (i think) brought his isolators... feedback gone! if i hadn't just been the victim of card fraud i would be buying some right now!

deck platform:

below the isolators was what we were using before, kept it like this all night and no probs with pretty heavy dub, dubstep & jungle (also note the anti-theft device to the left hand side[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img])

Edited by: Supasniper

More
15 years 9 months ago #2557 by tony.a.s.s.
I have another batch made now and apart from the packing are ready for shipping.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2565 by jazomir
Replied by jazomir on topic Deck Isolators.
Tony, do they work in the same way with CD players - I have rarely had feedback problems with CD players (except when the decks were in front of the speakers - not my setup!) but it would be nice to know it would be possible to obtain some extra gain b4 feedback.

Regards,
Jazomir

More
15 years 9 months ago #2571 by toastyghost
Replied by toastyghost on topic Deck Isolators.
I can't see why they wouldn't, we had CDJs skipping from bass on Friday but the vinyl was perfectly fine.

It's all down to vibrations at the end of the day, and that's what these seem to stop dead.

I'm going to be ordering a pair myself very soon.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2575 by arksystems
Replied by arksystems on topic Deck Isolators.
@supasniper,is that a printout of Bink I can see?

Dave Martin is alive and living in my kitchen.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2597 by tony.a.s.s.
Because these Isolators seem to cancel resonance, they can condition anything that stands on them. If you have very sensitive Hi Fi speakers, it is possible to get a cleaner sound with these underneath because they will prevent smearing, which only affects the tweeter. The main thing to remember is that resonance will colour the sound by adding to the existing signal. Cut the resonance and the sound must become more accurate. This is in addition to cutting feedback.

Moderators: tony.a.s.s.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds