file S118/RX18 Black boxes (yet again..)

12 years 6 months ago #15144 by SamS
Replied by SamS on topic S118/RX18 Black boxes (yet again..)
ahh didnt realise they were super's. was the no braces that threw me i guess. only made the comment as ours are 21"supers too which i thought they sounded better the further away you were.
we had a sound check the friday before outside and the bass from 2 of our supers travelled extremely far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #15146 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic S118/RX18 Black boxes (yet again..)

SamS wrote: only made the comment as ours are 21"supers too which i thought they sounded better the further away you were.

I guess your's still have the dogleg in then, giving you uber long horn.... smiley34

Did you tell me at the dance, you were hi'passing at 90hz at one stage !?

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

12 years 6 months ago #15148 by saul
Replied by saul on topic S118/RX18 Black boxes (yet again..)
i hope you were running a nice overlap with those very capable midbass...... smiley20

12 years 6 months ago #15150 by SamS
Replied by SamS on topic S118/RX18 Black boxes (yet again..)
yeah i buit them with dogleg as i thought it would be easier ripping them out rather than adding them. im going to build 2 more without dogleg so i can a b them against each other to see whats better. if they're better without i'll be ripping the doglegs out of the 4 iv already built.

nah i didnt say i was highpassing at 90hz, just i wasnt droppng them thhat low. the 30hz pot on pre was completely down so not much under 50hz was getting through for a while. after swapping amps i then started taking them lower. was trying to take it easy on new drivers.

@saul not at the moment. wasnt using a digi crossover

12 years 6 months ago #15152 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic S118/RX18 Black boxes (yet again..)

SamS wrote: yeah i buit them with dogleg as i thought it would be easier ripping them out rather than adding them. im going to build 2 more without dogleg so i can a b them against each other to see whats better. if they're better without i'll be ripping the doglegs out of the 4 iv already built.

Would suggest you really test the cabs thoroughly before ripping out doglegs.

Turbomax drivers usually have a problem throwing, so if your cabs already do, you're in good shape already.

SamS wrote: nah i didnt say i was highpassing at 90hz, just i wasnt droppng them thhat low.

So glad I mis'heard... :lol:

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Moderators: tony.a.s.s.