Matrix XP5000

More
15 years 6 months ago #4649 by wrighty
Replied by wrighty on topic Matrix XP5000
What do the clip lights come on at, on the XTi? I guess they're probably more like 1% distortion, as opposed to 0.01% (I think) indicated by the IOC lights on other Crowns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4651 by wrighty
Replied by wrighty on topic Matrix XP5000
Here's a bit of blurb from the Crown Macro-Tech Anniversary Series brochure about Loudspeaker Offset Integration:

Loudspeaker Offset Integration (LOI) protects speakers from damaging asymmetrical waveforms, DC and ultrasonic signals. LOI circuits use double integrating filters in the amplifier’s feedback circuitry to protect loudspeakers in several different ways. First, they center asymmetrical audio waveforms that cause off-center woofer cone movement. Offcenter cone movement increases loudspeaker heating and distortion while reducing the loudspeaker’s power handling ability. Second, LOI filters unwanted DC and subsonic frequencies using a third-order Butterworth fi lter with a 35-Hz corner frequency. Third, LOI filters unwanted ultrasonic frequencies (RF) that can cause tweeter burnout using a second-order Bessel fi lter with a 50-kHz corner frequency.
Edited by: Wrighty

• ajw
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 6 months ago #4652 by ajw
Replied by ajw on topic Matrix XP5000

Wrighty wrote: What do the clip lights come on at, on the XTi? I guess they're probably more like 1% distortion, as opposed to 0.01% (I think) indicated by the IOC lights on other Crowns.

To be honest I don't have a clue.
I would have thought that having the DSP on board that they could get a pretty accurate setting for the clip light but whether it warns of imminent or actual clipping I just do not know.
I am still using my XTi1000 on comps but have now replaced my 3 XTi4000's

Tony
Edited by: AJW

[email:2pxnki7c]info@forteaudio.eu[/email:2pxnki7c]

• ajw
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 6 months ago #4653 by ajw
Replied by ajw on topic Matrix XP5000

Wrighty wrote:
Here's a bit of blurb from the Crown Macro-Tech Anniversary Series brochure about Loudspeaker Offset Integration:

Loudspeaker Offset Integration (LOI) protects speakers from damaging asymmetrical waveforms, DC and ultrasonic signals. LOI circuits use double integrating filters in the amplifier’s feedback circuitry to protect loudspeakers in several different ways. First, they center asymmetrical audio waveforms that cause off-center woofer cone movement. Offcenter cone movement increases loudspeaker heating and distortion while reducing the loudspeaker’s power handling ability. Second, LOI filters unwanted DC and subsonic frequencies using a third-order Butterworth fi lter with a 35-Hz corner frequency. Third, LOI filters unwanted ultrasonic frequencies (RF) that can cause tweeter burnout using a second-order Bessel fi lter with a 50-kHz corner frequency.

Yep thats pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Tony

[email:2pxnki7c]info@forteaudio.eu[/email:2pxnki7c]

More
15 years 6 months ago #4654 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic Matrix XP5000
What Crown is describing is probably not that unusual a feature. I think the Crests have a servo circuit in the preamp which probably does something similar. The high pass and low pass filters are pretty standard fitment.

More
15 years 5 months ago #4722 by jonny4288
Replied by jonny4288 on topic Matrix XP5000
how many amps are comign out in the new range, and at what sort of power.
also are any of them gonig to be 2.66Ohms stable, would like to use 1 amp for 6 hd15s when i come to buy another 2 hd15s shortly

More
15 years 5 months ago #4732 by matrix amp
Replied by matrix amp on topic Matrix XP5000
the xp's will be 4 ohm or 2 ohm options.

uk made

More
15 years 5 months ago #4733 by chaudio
Can you do a version with the airflow reversed so it matches my rack of Crests?

Quite fancy a listen myself....

Do a 4 channel version, something like 1kW/4R/channel and I'd be very interested!

More
15 years 5 months ago #4734 by matrix amp
Replied by matrix amp on topic Matrix XP5000
under way

uk made

More
15 years 5 months ago #4736 by chaudio
Excellent. If I can replace my 8001,7001,4801 with 4U of switchmode goodness for a sensible price, you might have a buyer. Might have to come and see you when I'm back in't Forest of Dean for Christmas.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds