midrange horns

• david
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 7 months ago #4218 by david
midrange horns was created by david
hi

i found this empty boxes, they are old, i bought them very cheap...the guy said they should play 100hz-2khz. i would like to use them above 18"folded horns from 140hz, and below 2"horn and tweeters...

on speakerplans people say they should be playing 250hz-1khz, thats too narrow for the use i have intended them for....if its not 100hz, it should be 120hz minimum
no problem cross them at 1khz, a 2"horn will go above

if u already saw this design please let me know something about it, first suitable drivers. they are old but never loaded, just stored in a room for years

size is 52x42highx72depht, good wood, quite heavy

back
[img

[img

front
[img

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4219 by deadbeat
Replied by deadbeat on topic midrange horns
I've done a few basic calculations taking in acoustic length if the horn was morphed into a round bottomed cone etc and the result was that it really won't go much below 250hz. Don't trust my maths though and work it out.

The MT12 section goes down to 120hz just about, check out it's dimensions.

Besides, with a dispersion like that, you'd need a fair few boxes anyways.

Beranek\'s law
\'bits of ply round a driver\'

More
15 years 7 months ago #4220 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic midrange horns
I pmed david asking for measurement of the cab... we have to wait for him. However it's quite similar to mt215 mk 2 or 3, isn't?

• david
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 7 months ago #4222 by david
Replied by david on topic midrange horns
Besides, with a dispersion like that, you'd need a fair few boxes anyways.
[/quote]

i planned to have 2 of these in a stack, above scoops & folded horns and below 2"horns and tweeters

• david
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 7 months ago #4223 by david
Replied by david on topic midrange horns

bitzo wrote: I pmed david asking for measurement of the cab... we have to wait for him. However it's quite similar to mt215 mk 2 or 3, isn't?

i did the measurement today, but forgot to bring the sheet with me and will be back to the pc just tomorrow

its similar to this
www.ciare.com/pdf/Progetti/MyProfessionalSpeaker/mt010.pdf
www.ciare.com/pdf/Progetti/MyProfessionalSpeaker/mt0100.pdf

but its 70cm long...

i know that incomplete info, but all these projects seem useful from 200hz anyway...

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #23322 by oldeagle47
Replied by oldeagle47 on topic midrange horns
It was a big surprise to se these speakers. I was buildind these in 1992, the measures are accurate 420x520x720 ! They were finished in blue color scratch-resistant laminate with corners and stainless steel profiles. I still have twenty of these. Double 12" RCF or B&C speakers were mounted on these. The subwoofer section with 18" RCF woofer had been patended. The intersection of frequency was 120 hertz. On this PA System I mounted, only on request, Fostex speakers. I still have the picture taken at the fair SIB in Rimini Italy, if you want I can send them.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds