anyone have any dual 12" plans?

• kr1sounds
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #21689 by kr1sounds
anyone have any dual 12" plans? was created by kr1sounds
hi

just wondering if anyone has any dual 12" plans they wanna share? no tweeters or horns etc. just 2 12" drivers

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #21690 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic anyone have any dual 12" plans?
Are you after reflex plans or sealed boxes or something else? Those are pretty easy to design, if you use WinISD or something to simulate whatever driver you are considering. Many manufacturers will also have suggestions for specific drivers. I used to use a dual 12 reflex design, but traded it in for horn loaded mids, to get a little more bandwidth efficiency. Really though those designs would only work well with the drivers I designed them for.

• kr1sounds
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #21698 by kr1sounds
Replied by kr1sounds on topic anyone have any dual 12" plans?
just thinking about it... i dont know lol

whats best for high mids ranging from 200Hz - 4kHz roughly?

More
9 years 10 months ago #21699 by bgrade
I prefer not to run 12s above 2kHz. Many drivers can make frequencies up to 4kHz no problem but they beam straight forward that high. In the beam they are harsh and outside of the beam they are not reaching 4kHz. Smaller drivers can get closer without as much issue, but they will probably lose some of low end getting there. Are you running kicks under these? Most subs are not really very good up to 200hz. I use 1850s and they kind of do, but it gets sloppier up that high. If for your mids you are looking for a very wide range but not so much exceptional loudness, I would go with a reflex dual about 125hz to 2khz. I might choose 10 inch mid drivers over 12s personally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kr1sounds

• kr1sounds
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #21700 by kr1sounds
basicaly in a stack i will have 4 scoops running up to 60Hz, then double 15's running 60-200hz, i need something for my high mids and tweeters are not problem.

More
9 years 10 months ago #21708 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic anyone have any dual 12" plans?

bgrade wrote: I prefer not to run 12s above 2kHz. Many drivers can make frequencies up to 4kHz no problem but they beam straight forward that high. In the beam they are harsh and outside of the beam they are not reaching 4kHz. Smaller drivers can get closer without as much issue, but they will probably lose some of low end getting there. Are you running kicks under these? Most subs are not really very good up to 200hz. I use 1850s and they kind of do, but it gets sloppier up that high. If for your mids you are looking for a very wide range but not so much exceptional loudness, I would go with a reflex dual about 125hz to 2khz. I might choose 10 inch mid drivers over 12s personally.

I crossed the dual 12s I recently built at 1200, they started beaming shortly after there.

More
9 years 10 months ago #21711 by bgrade
Yeah, that is where I cross my 12s now too, though they are horn loaded. I ran my old dual 12 reflexes a little above that, but not by much.

• kr1sounds
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #21712 by kr1sounds
so im guessing i should cross mine at 1200 or a little above?
also do you have plans for 12" reflex boxes?

thanks

More
9 years 10 months ago #21719 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic anyone have any dual 12" plans?

kr1sounds wrote: also do you have plans for 12" reflex boxes?

thanks

I didn't make any plans, I just picked out some speakers and built the box for their specific parameters. I used Winsid to get it close and tweaked the port tuning by ear..

• kr1sounds
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #21722 by kr1sounds
oh ok.

thats what i'll do then

i know more about drivers for subs and bass more than what i know for mids... any recommendations?

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds