• Gingernuts
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #16945 by Gingernuts
PD 107 suitible replacement was created by Gingernuts
Evening chaps,

Picked up 4 of Tony's MX 350's the other weekend, turns out one of the PD 107 10" drivers is playing up (doesn't produce any signal below 200hz ish) .
This is a discontinued product by PD so i'm now looking for a replacement to take it's place. Here's the data sheet bellow:

www.precision-devices.com/ShowDetails.asp?id=13

I could be talked into replacing all 4 for Neo drivers as i'm think of changing the Beyma CP850's for B&C De85's anyway. Any help would be grately appriciated.

Cheers,

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #16953 by knet94
Replied by knet94 on topic PD 107 suitible replacement
Why don't you check if Paulie Paul can recone.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #16954 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic PD 107 suitible replacement
I'm wondering whether PD would be persuaded to produce the 107 again. I can see that it down as discontinued, but now that they have stopped making the Neo speakers, they don't have a 10" speaker in their range.
On the B and C front, There are two speakers I have used and sold to other people for their mid sections. The 1st is the 10MD26. very efficient. the 2nd is the 19NDL64. 3db quieter, but lighter. Regarding the phase plug situation, I doctored the last lot I did to counteract the normal dustcap profile, so there is a way out of the problem. Just in case anyone is wondering, it wasn't possible to reverse the dustcap on the B and C's as the voice coil sticks up too far.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• Gingernuts
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #16962 by Gingernuts
Replied by Gingernuts on topic PD 107 suitible replacement
Ken I've pm'd paul re. 107 but haven't heard anything as yet. If you remember next time you speak to him maybe give this a mention?

Tony are you saying that I could install the mentioned B&C drivers without any mods? If so can you pm me a price on 2 pairs of both setd as I may wish to go down this route to keep the weight down. Also were the beyma comps the original components along side the PD 10"?

Thanks for your reply

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #16963 by tony.a.s.s.
To fit any standard speaker in the 350, the phase phase plug has to be taken out and modified so that it doesn't foul the dust cap. Somewhere listed on SP, you will find a picture of the plugs with the alteration. The only time I used a Beyma compression driver was when Harman let me down with a delivery. I then used the Beyma 850 2" Neo which was flatter than the 2446. Not sure which Beyma you are reffering to, but the 850 was the only one used. Later it was the B and C DE85. Found the photo.
[attachment=0:7n40wynp]<!-- ia0 -->DSCF0002.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:7n40wynp]

Obviously a number 9 bus situation.

Attachments:

• Gingernuts
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #16965 by Gingernuts
I sure the Beyma's are 850 ndl's but I'll have to check. Do you think the PD is fouling the phase bung thus causing the driver fail? If this is the case then I'll have to speak to Bee nicely and get them done as well as change the drivers over to your suggested B&C components. I have a pair of DE85'4 lying around so ill A/B them with the Beyma's to see which I prefer.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #16966 by tony.a.s.s.
I've never known a speaker to hit the phase plug. When the phase plugs are inserted into the horn, they go down into a cradle which ensures that every phase plug hits the right position. If they are still 107's with inverted domes, then they would be ok.

• Gingernuts
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #16975 by Gingernuts
I'm gonna have a check tomorrow Tony and i'll get back to you . Gonna pop to Ben's and have a play around with them and my new USb's on SMARRT so i'll post some results up for peeps to have a nose at...things to do on a bank holidiay!

More
12 years 1 week ago #16978 by bee
Replied by bee on topic PD 107 suitible replacement
and a very fun morning it was......... ive set car alarms off before but never house alarms...... time to turn off the system lol.....

• Gingernuts
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 1 week ago #16979 by Gingernuts
Here's a pic of the MX350 sitting ontop of the PD loaded USB, they sound very, very nice together when alligned. The MX's mid's are lovely and warm, still not made my mind up wether to keep the Beyma 850 nd's or swap them for B&C De85's....Think i'll do an A/B on there next outing and see. Hats off to you again Tony, another brilliant cab.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds