2x15 kick cab design

More
12 years 3 months ago #16396 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic 2x15 kick cab design
Sure, by default akabak take 2pi. But you can set the ground distance adding y= tag to the radiator but it's not a true ground coupling but imho can give you an idea.

@Bee, this cab seems to kick pretty good, I wonder what could happen with my rcf 15mb501. In this layout have you reduced the rear chamber by adding some corner brace? just because you can port it in order to drop lower.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #16404 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic 2x15 kick cab design

bitzo wrote: Sure, by default akabak take 2pi.

I'll explain it to newbies then. the output shown on Bee's graph would be with the kick cab on the floor/ground, NOT stacked high on a bass bin where it would be used

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 3 months ago #16405 by bee
Replied by bee on topic 2x15 kick cab design
yes sorry mykey should of said it was simed in 2pi in akabak, ill do a 4 pi sim tomorrow, to port the rear chamber would mean a port on the back of the cab, ill do a plot with a port. Original it was designed to be used for dance type music, a port would drop it lower......

More
12 years 3 months ago #16420 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic 2x15 kick cab design
Does AkAbak include directionality? Afaik (from memory), a single 15" in a horn like that should be able to hit ~104 - 105 dB from ~120 - 150 Hz and up (when directionality is included in HR) in 4,0 pi.

If you port it, you could leave the panel out that minimises the rear chamber, making driver acces easier also.

Best regards

Cubo

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 3 months ago #16421 by bee
this is true cubo, ill sim it with a bigger rear chamber, and port......

More
12 years 3 months ago #16441 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic 2x15 kick cab design

bee wrote: yes sorry mykey should of said it was simed in 2pi in akabak, ill do a 4 pi sim tomorrow, to port the rear chamber would mean a port on the back of the cab, ill do a plot with a port. Original it was designed to be used for dance type music, a port would drop it lower......

will it

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 3 months ago #16442 by bee
in theory it should, but its doing the opposite in akabak..... interesting..... by making the rear chamber bigger allso worsens the plot..... ill play a bit more and see what i can come up with......

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds