MT101 Build Pics

• static age
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #1235 by static age
MT101 Build Pics was created by static age
started work this week on some single variant MT102's, the high section will be seperate.

these are slightly modifiedas they are600mm wide overall to stack neatly on ES18-BPH.

you can see in the last pic where i chose to put the handles in the empty space at the rear of the cabs, this should make them easy for one man lifting/ stacking.

Edited by: Static Age

I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1277 by bee

More
15 years 10 months ago #1342 by kottonm
Replied by kottonm on topic MT101 Build Pics
Looking good! Planning on building something similar myself, maybe with a phase plug to give a bit more top-end.

Keep it up

\'Where music flows, words are not needed...\'

More
15 years 10 months ago #1358 by alfiedring
Replied by alfiedring on topic MT101 Build Pics
Nice, is a vertical expansion panel going in as well?

Singles of everything is definitly the way forward! All this stuff is heavy enough as it it, you'd have to be a sadist to build a double anything IMHO.

Alf

• static age
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #1365 by static age
Replied by static age on topic MT101 Build Pics
Alf, do you mean an upper & lower piece to the horn flare?

i'm concerned that if i add that i may raise the low cut off too high. i really need these 10"'s to get down to 190hz. i know i may compramise the upper extension by leaving out these parts but with the cab i intend to use above that shouldnt be a problem.

i agree on the portabilty point, the whole intention was to build a modular mid & high sections wich can be moved/ stackedby one person easily.

the MT101's just need sanding & painting now, i will get some more pics up soon.

Once the MT101's are complete then i will start on the cabs that go above. they have the same external dimensions but contain two 5" drivers & a 1" CD.Edited by: Static Age

I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony.

• static age
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 9 months ago #2375 by static age
some updated pics

More
15 years 9 months ago #2381 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic MT101 Build Pics
Really nice build! do you use poliuretanic foam to fill the flare inside the cab?

KottonM wrote: Looking good! Planning on building something similar myself, maybe with a phase plug to give a bit more top-end.

Keep it up

A question regarding this....adding upper and downside flare reducing the throat size encrease spl on the top end but on the loose low end. A phase plug do the same or encrease only top end?

• static age
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 9 months ago #2383 by static age
i didnt fill the cavity behind the flare with anything. if an problems arise because of this the gap can easily be filled from the panels either side of the rear chamber.

More
14 years 1 month ago #8231 by GekoMusic94
Replied by GekoMusic94 on topic MT101 Build Pics
Nice build smiley1 !!! Can i have the plan? And what's the woofer inside?

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds