file 6.5" speakers as replacements for a cabinet

13 years 1 month ago #11613 by PatricJ
I'm going to buy a couple of 6.5" speakers to replace some Oooooold mids in a couple reflex cabinets I have. Nothing too fancy, but I'd like to have something that sounds decent...

I was looking on the Us speaker website and they have a few I'm eying. I'm only in need of something in the 100 to 125 watt ballpark.

What fits my needs are the Ciare 6.38NdW, Fital w6n8-120, Beyma 6MI80 or 90, 18Sound 6ND410 or 6ND430, and B&C 6Md38 or 6PEV13.

I have NO experience with any of these speakers so would welcome any advice or experience others may have with any of these. Thanks smiley20

I'm going to be replacing some EAW mf170A's which are used in my three way reflex cabs and cover the 450-4500Hz department.

Thanks in advance...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #11619 by bee
the b&C sound nice........ i got 1 off of ebay to play around with about a year or so ago, second hand........ im gonna prob get 2 new ones in the near future....

13 years 1 month ago #11633 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic 6.5" speakers as replacements for a cabinet
I can help you with new B and C speakers if you go that route.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

13 years 1 month ago #11636 by PatricJ
Replied by PatricJ on topic 6.5" speakers as replacements for a cabinet
Thanks, Tony! Feel free to PM me.

I was doing a little searching on the internet today re. the B&C 6MD38's and most people seem to be happy with them............ :think:

13 years 1 month ago #11637 by bee

13 years 1 month ago #11638 by PatricJ
Replied by PatricJ on topic 6.5" speakers as replacements for a cabinet

bee wrote: i can 2nds that very nice sounding....

It's funny, most folks out here rock the 2 way JBL Eon's and Mackie equivlents and I'm always pulling my hair out asking "where's the mids!!??" smiley19