DAS 18SX

• DARELL
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #19169 by DARELL
Replied by DARELL on topic Re: DAS 18SX
the amp never clips when im doing a function,but when im home testing it i do push it and by that i mean just before half way on the mixer and then it bottoms out,how do you think they will perform in a 1850 horn?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #19170 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic Re: DAS 18SX
I think the EBP is too low for an 1850 horn. Should be like 125 and that driver only has 80. BL is a little low too. Might work ok for a 186 horn (Basically same horn with bigger chamber), but I am not on a computer which can do Horn Resp atm.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #19188 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: DAS 18SX
In our 15 follow up e-mail session that followed, I advised you to use a high pass filter and read up on the subject(s), to solve the problems on hand.

It's still the best advise I can give you.

On the other matter discussed. I knew the Qes is quite high, based upon observation.

Unless you're bridging the amp with the two 8 ohm drivers in parallel, you're not playing it at 4 ohm. If you're, don't or see my advise above.

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Cubo15. Reason: Yes, always

• DARELL
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #19324 by DARELL
Replied by DARELL on topic Re: DAS 18SX
hi.
sory for the late reply been busy however i did find the time to get used to some stuff regarding ts parameters,now i find myself with another problem wich is how to calculate the figures or should i say i dont even know were to start for eg the spec sheet will give u the vas/qts/fs...............etc but then the ts parameter cal will ask for something like QTC :huh: were will i find that???????????or Ebp.from just looking at the specs and applying that to the descriptions from ts parameters i can say that this driver should be in a horn loaded cab but i dnt want to just give up at that i also want to know about the chamber size...so can u guys explain to in simple terms whats to done
@cubo i run 1 amp on stereo mode 2 bins on 1 channel and 2 tops on the other unbalanced outputs i know.

More
11 years 3 months ago #19325 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic Re: DAS 18SX
EBP = FS/QES

QTC I usually use the Horn Resp Calculator for that but I don't know the formula.

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds