file Add-on for stipe miniscoop 18"

14 years 1 month ago #7946 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Add-on for stipe miniscoop 18"
Apart from the academic side of this, if you are going to take up space the size of a cab, wouldn't it be better to put a speaker in it. The combination would go lower, throw further and handle twice the power or am I missing something.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #7949 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Add-on for stipe miniscoop 18"

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Apart from the academic side of this, if you are going to take up space the size of a cab, wouldn't it be better to put a speaker in it. The combination would go lower, throw further and handle twice the power or am I missing something.

:lol:
Tony, I suppose we need to consider those who don't have money. A sheet of MDF in a far flung corner of the world may be attainable, another driver not.
I am with you on this, I would add driver, but then again I have credit cards and an income.

14 years 1 month ago #7950 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic Add-on for stipe miniscoop 18"

nickyburnell wrote:

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Apart from the academic side of this, if you are going to take up space the size of a cab, wouldn't it be better to put a speaker in it. The combination would go lower, throw further and handle twice the power or am I missing something.

:lol:
Tony, I suppose we need to consider those who don't have money. A sheet of MDF in a far flung corner of the world may be attainable, another driver not.
I am with you on this, I would add driver, but then again I have credit cards and an income.

Tony- Sometimes minds wander and forget the whole, until someone mentions it.
But saving money is nice!

14 years 1 month ago #7951 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Add-on for stipe miniscoop 18"
My Friend, I've spent most of my working life in this business. I can assure you if you push the limits for the ultimate sound, you will only spend money, you will never save any.
This has nothing to do with getting a good deal on a cab. It's about creating something special and that takes sacrifice.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

14 years 3 weeks ago #7956 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Add-on for stipe miniscoop 18"

:clap:

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

14 years 3 weeks ago #7974 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic Add-on for stipe miniscoop 18"
after reading the rubic horn thread, my interest has been peaked on this again.
BTW- speakerplans won't let me join, saying my email isn't valid, anyone else have this issue?

14 years 3 weeks ago #7977 by djeddie
Replied by djeddie on topic Add-on for stipe miniscoop 18"

MAutopsy wrote: BTW- speakerplans won't let me join, saying my email isn't valid, anyone else have this issue?

There's been a major problem with people joining and then being trolls, so membership has been suspended at the moment. If they've solved that problem I know there are measures in place to stop applications from certain "throw-away" email addresses, such as hotmail etc.

14 years 3 weeks ago #8015 by staiper
Replied by staiper on topic Add-on for stipe miniscoop 18"
smiley1

Yes those was intended for "I have wood and will .. but no money ..but like experimenting :geek: situation) ..
.. to raise a bit sensitivity and widen usable bandwidth at cost of size (bigger smiley26 )

Combined cabinet will be pretty large piece of furniture (addons are same size as cabinet) .. But however may look interesting at some events with limited AC power and less amplifiers.

I can check and recalculate this for MS18MK2 or MK3 if someone is really interested to try this out.
(grrrr smiley35 .. have lost all old sims accumulated through many years and some plans due to HDD f...up ..and cant find backup DVD I made last year)

Best wishes