MHB-46 AND ES18BPH

More
12 years 5 months ago #15805 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic MHB-46 AND ES18BPH
i think x1 an es18 will be a very nice combo or hog an es18..... smiley1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #15806 by JJD
Replied by JJD on topic MHB-46 AND ES18BPH

to me should have more sense a pure horn sub with a separate kick section.

Not necessarily. Add a kick bin, and you add phase rotation. So it can be fastidious to make a proper phase/delay adjust without any effect on frequency curve and impulse response. I've heard many MHB-46 or MHB-4818 that sound good, strong kick, long throw, without any kick bin. But maybe it's also a cultural story? If you never heard an MHB-46 or MHB-4818, you must try it, just to have a comparison point.

More
12 years 5 months ago #15812 by t.geessounds
well if u have your mind on the mhb-46 what i would do is build some of the mhb-4818 (4of them) those sound good, strong kick, long throw, without any kick bin as what JJD said ..back home i had 16 of the jbl copy onces (w bin extented to 32" deep) an those thing wat nothing to play with..... smiley2

• POISONCLAN1
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #15815 by POISONCLAN1
Replied by POISONCLAN1 on topic MHB-46 AND ES18BPH
OK THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLY, BUT NOW I THINK I NEED TO EXPLAIN MY SITUATION BETTER...I HAVE 8 DYNACOUSTIC L30 ITS LOOKS SIMILAR TO THE ES18BPH OR SAME DESIGN I BOUGHT THEM ON EBAY NEVER REALLY HEARD THEM PRICE WAS RIGHT AND REVIEWS SOUND GOOD ,THEY CAME WITH RCF P300 IN THEM, MY PLAN WAS TO BUILD 16 BASS CABS ITS FOR AN OUT DOOR EVENT THAT TAKES PLACE ONCE A YEAR LAST PAST 2 YEARS I HAVE BEEN HAVING LOTS OF PROBLEMS SO I GAVE THE BOXES I HAD AWAY 1850 FOLDED HORN WHICH WERE DAMAGING ALL MY SPEAKERS BUT WERE VERY IMPRESSIVE AT THE MOMENT I HAVE 12 FAITAL PRO 18HP1020 AND 6 RCFG400 BRAND NEW MY PLAN IS TO BUILD 8 MORE BOXES AM IN THE USA BUT MY SYSTEM IS IN THE CARIBBEAN, READ A LOT OF GOOD REVIEWS ON THE MHB-46 THATS WHY I WANTED TO HAVE THEM BUILD.....HOW WOULD THEY COMPARE TO SUPPER SCOOP...OR SHOULD I JUST BUILD MORE OF THE BOXES I HAVE

More
12 years 5 months ago #15818 by t.geessounds
well i never heard the mhb-46 before but the mhb4818 could never handle the deep round bass of a scoop ...so if super scoop is in mind u would go for scoop 35-90hz an those es18 from 80-160hz to your mids cut off that would give u wiked bass cumbo for the carribean smiley2

• POISONCLAN1
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #15820 by POISONCLAN1
ok will faital pro 18hp1020 work in a hog scoop

More
12 years 5 months ago #15821 by JJD
Replied by JJD on topic MHB-46 AND ES18BPH

well i never heard the mhb-46 before but the mhb4818 could never handle the deep round bass of a scoop ...so if super scoop is in mind u would go for scoop 35-90hz an those es18 from 80-160hz to your mids cut off that would give u wiked bass cumbo for the carribean

You can't compare MHB-4818 with the original 4818. As I know, the number "4818" (of MHB-4818) was taken as a tribute to the original JBL, because the design is apparently the same, but the MHB-4818 is a different thing. The JBL 4818 was limited below 60hz, the MHB-4818 can reach 40Hz on four units with a good round bass. I don't think it can't reach 35Hz in multiples, but 40Hz is good for most musics (lower note of a four strings bass is 41Hz)

• POISONCLAN1
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #15834 by POISONCLAN1
ok if the hog is better than the mhb-46 i will go with hog an es18bph and pray for the best

• POISONCLAN1
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #15835 by POISONCLAN1
which one will give u a louder and deeper bass outdoors supper scoop or hog scoop my plan is to build 8 of the better one

• POISONCLAN1
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #16057 by POISONCLAN1
ok thank u guys for replies, but still cant decide what to do with my bass....can the es18bph work by its for a good strong bass say like 12 of them outdoors, am looking for bass cabs for carnival outdoor event on a truck ? if yes how well will they perform compare to say 8 hog scoops, dont know which rout to take and its driving me crazy somebody please help me.........ur help will be greatly appreciated.......i already have 8 of the forward facing version of the es18bph so am thinking its either i add more es18bph and tops or add another sub and tops ....which is the best way to go? system will always be outdoor size and weight dont matter.....

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds