file Want some advice on the [cubo 12].....

13 years 1 week ago - 6 years 6 months ago #12041 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Want some advice on the [cubo 12].....
I'm not sure how a Cubo 12 would perform inside a car (other then being really, really loud). It doesn't go very low, luckily cabin gain should add some. Car drivers are often medium to high Qts, large Xmax, low fs drivers. High Qts drivrs do not have the best low frequency reproduction in Cubo 12. Optimum T/S-parameters for high SPL, relatively good low's are; Fs 45 -53 Hz, Qts 0.22 - 0.33, Qms 4 - 8 (low is good) , Vas below 80 ltr. Xmax above 5.5 mm, EBP between 120 - 200.

Edit - Currently there are plans available for Cubo 12 Mod, which is good down to 40 Hz but it's 3 -4 dB down from Cubo 12. It's dimensions are 52.5 x 35 x 52.5 cm (H x W x D) and it's made from 15 mm material. There is also Cubo HT which works down to 25 Hz but is at least 5 - 6 dB down from Cubo 12. Cubo HT is 55 x 55 x 55 cm but the width can be altered to specifically match different sized drivers. - edit.

It would be nice to hear the subjective results of this experiment.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #12061 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Want some advice on the [cubo 12].....
i would like that 12cubo mod for car cause my 15 bass reflex it just too big ....

13 years 1 week ago #12063 by bryan
Replied by bryan on topic Want some advice on the [cubo 12].....
hey CUBO thank you for such knowledgeable information on the cubo 12, but for the mean time, i am building the the exact cubo 12 that is posted at the moment, i will be trying them with a lot of different car audio speakers to find one that will suit it well most of the car audio woofers doesn't match it in terms of specs but as i said before i think the last test is the human ear lol, thanks again and keep up the good work.

13 years 5 days ago #12136 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Want some advice on the [cubo 12].....

i think the last test is the human ear

I hear ya! That's true.

If everything else fails and you can spare an extra 10 cm width, I'll help you making it scary low and loud in your car (assuming you have some woodworking skills though).

@T.Geessounds: Send an e-mail to questionsaboutcubo[at]gmail,com for additional information.

Best regards

Cubo

13 years 5 days ago #12146 by t.geessounds

13 years 4 days ago #12202 by bryan
Replied by bryan on topic Want some advice on the [cubo 12].....

Cubo15 wrote:

i think the last test is the human ear

I hear ya! That's true.

If everything else fails and you can spare an extra 10 cm width, I'll help you making it scary low and loud in your car (assuming you have some woodworking skills though).

@T.Geessounds: Send an e-mail to questionsaboutcubo[at]gmail,com for additional information.

Best regards

Cubo

Hey cubo, i do have an extra 10cm to spare, i have average woodworking skills am sure i can handle this test lol my e mail is- This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I would love to try both designs to hear the difference, Thank you in advance.

13 years 10 hours ago #12310 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Want some advice on the [cubo 12].....
hey mr cubo have u got the chance to hit me up on my email ( This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ) for the 12 cubo the car ???/
thanks