file Want some advice on the [cubo 12].....

13 years 1 week ago #11972 by bryan
HI i was wondering, will the cubo 12s work great for car audio purposes? I am just thinking about trying different things and stumbled upon the cubo 12" design, honestly i love the design i always had a love for hornloaded cabinet designes i would greatly appreciate any reviews on this topic any advice would be greatly appreciated, well of course the speakers that is gonna be used will be car audio speakers probably cirwin vega,RE audio,orion,and other brands along that line i will try and make a decision on a speaker that i am interested in, i will post up the specs, or someone can give me an option on any car audio speaker that will work or most importantly! will the cubo 12s cabinet be a yes or no for car audio . Thank you guys in advance i'm looking forward...................

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #11973 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Want some advice on the [cubo 12].....
yap i would like to know too i have a type r 12d4 dat i want to put in my jeep too cubo12 would be nice if it can work

13 years 1 week ago #11976 by bryan
Replied by bryan on topic Want some advice on the [cubo 12].....

t.geessounds wrote: yap i would like to know too i have a type r 12d4 dat i want to put in my jeep too cubo12 would be nice if it can work

hey if you try it before me let me know what was the outcome would love to know how it perormed........

13 years 1 week ago #11983 by t.geessounds
lol am waitin for answer 1st too

13 years 1 week ago #11989 by bryan

t.geessounds wrote: lol am waitin for answer 1st too

LOL well i started the project today on the cubo 12s still have alot more work into it i just cut all the pieces is just to put it all together now, i am gonna try the cirwin vega stroker and re sxx 12 jus gonna do some testing will tell you how it goes hmmmmmm :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

13 years 1 week ago #11991 by t.geessounds
wow those re sxx r nice speakers ..
right now i have in a z15 sundown in my jeep in a ported box tune to 32 but its too big main dat the reason y i want to try the cubo 12 if it works....
www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 35&theater

13 years 1 week ago #11992 by bryan
hey nice box it looks very neat am sure it sounds great, yea they are nice speakers the re sxx 12, a friend has 4 of them in a dodge ram in an L ported enclosure, man those speakers are amazing the enclosure matched it well the response was hard on i only have one of them brand new never tryied it yet i think its first performance is gonna be in the cubo 12 what do you think? i know the specs of the speaker does'nt match the cubo very well but it is still worth a try...... i think.

13 years 1 week ago #11993 by t.geessounds
well let see too cause these subwoofers call for big vol area box when ported... but just love the size of the cubo12 too

13 years 1 week ago #12005 by bryan
yea ur right it needs alot of volume when ported but i think the last test is the human ear, who knows when i put the re sxx in the cubo it would KICK ASS lol..........

13 years 1 week ago #12006 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic Want some advice on the [cubo 12].....
** Apart from those drivers measured Cubo 12 will work with a wide variëty of 12" (and 10”) drivers preferably with an EBP of 100 or higher; Fs (30-52 Hz), Qts (0.20 - 0.37), Vas (50 - 125 L) / (1.77- 4.42 ft^3). Where EBP = Fs / Qts.
Took this from the notes on the plans. hope it helps