• Platinum Member
More
12 years 9 months ago #14171 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Ethics

saul wrote: just noticed this has been put in wanted section smiley36

Yeah! Thats right! WANTED, Ethics :lol:

Ooops....

Somebody care to move it please smiley29

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #14172 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Ethics

nickyburnell wrote:

saul wrote: just noticed this has been put in wanted section smiley36

Yeah! Thats right! WANTED, Ethics :lol:

Ooops....

Somebody care to move it please smiley29

Careful, a certain mob might accuse you of having an "agenda". :lol:

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
12 years 9 months ago #14183 by xcn
Replied by xcn on topic Ethics
Is it ethically correct for people who are manufacturers to be moderators on this forum?

Is it ethically correct for a judge to preside over a case in which he has direct interest in? I don't think so. No matter how pious one is or how good one's intentions are, neutrality ceases the moment one's product is viewed or discussed in a negative manner. I guess a Manufacturer/Moderator would have to declare his/her interests and recuse themselves from moderating in a topic in which they have vested interests in, call it self-censorship if you like.

Anyway, that's just my take on things, and I'm no expert. smiley35

More
12 years 9 months ago #14185 by Sinfinity
Replied by Sinfinity on topic Ethics
I class myself as involved with Matrix Amplification and therefore post as a manufacturer.
I actively try not to moderate any posts regarding amplification, ( especially my own ) so as not to have my impartiality called into question.
I would happily edit any posts / anywhere that contained foul language.

I think a blanket statement can never cover all bases.
For example.
A manufacturer not being a mod because they may moderate with bias could lead to;

a person whom is friendly with a manufacturer not being a mod because they may moderate with bias,

which in turn gives us a person using a particular brand of ( insert any country here ) amplifier not being a mod because they might be biased.

Most of the people active upon this forum are using kit in someway shape or form, therefore will have their own experiences with the harware and / or manufacturers.

I think this forum has worked wonderfully well thus far with no huge debates about ethics etc.

Maybe there should be a different criteria for moderator status ( prior examples of impartiality and fairness perhaps. )

I have kept my promise, that I made in person, to Florian.

Just my two pence worth.

More
12 years 5 months ago #15668 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Ethics
The fact that this thread has been started and is still being debated I think shows that the highest majority of members, senior members and Mods are some of the best people in our business or field.

Personally, I owe a great deal to the very kind people who have helped me with my DIY skills and knowledge of speakers. Including yourself Nick.

I have been a giging musician for over 35 years and I have learned more from this forum and others recently than in all the years before. I have built and used some amazing designs and I look forward to what this forum produces in the future.

I think that FSP has a place for everyone regardless of thier agenda's because at the end of the day the advice and information you take from this site is entirely up to you whether to use it or not.

It is very interesting to instigate a debate of this nature and I hope FSP continues to allow all types of opinions to be pondered over.

Thank you to you all. Regards, Jim.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds