TY

More
13 years 10 months ago #8767 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic TY
Cutting edge smiley32

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8768 by bee

More
13 years 10 months ago #8773 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic TY
It's great to know that you're seeing it through. Experimentation will always give you a real result, good or bad. Hopefully good.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
13 years 10 months ago #8774 by jsg
Replied by jsg on topic TY
Thanks Tony!

I glued them last night, fingers crossed...

Ars est celare artem

More
13 years 10 months ago #8852 by jsg
Replied by jsg on topic TY
So, the TYs are finished bar the paintwork.

Further battling with shunts meant further expanding foam, I've put in amout 2 or 3 litres of the stuff now which is using up precious cabinet volume. All the notches now seem to be out-of-band, but ther lower shoulders are still dragging down the top end noticably (maybe about 3 or 4dB). Having managed to model this using damped quarter-wave shunnts, I beleive I've got the dip compensated (or at least mostly compensated) by setting A and AX tunings higher than originally planned.

This together with the absorbant effect of the expanding foam has lost me one or two dB, but the response is reasonably flat and covers the desired range (160-800Hz).

Crossover setting for TY mid to comp was always going to be tricky because I have very little overlap. Procedure was to bring in LR24 slope and adjust until I'm -6dB off nominal sens at the xover freq (770Hz) on both drivers seperately - then adjust delay until the RTA shows flat. This will be when they're summing in-phase.

Had a quick run outdoors, but couldn't keep it at full power for long (edit: because of neighbours!). Sounded a little harsh, perhaps the comps are rising in the 800-2K range. But vocals etc sound good and they move air convincingly with snare drums.

Ars est celare artem

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds