Trouble with a DIY patch panel

• crossed
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #18672 by crossed
Trouble with a DIY patch panel was created by crossed
My problem is that when using this new patch panel i built, when I touch a bare metal spot on my mixer, (like a screw or a spot where the paint is chipped) I get a tingling of electricity, and the longer I hold in that spot the stronger it gets.

People have asked me why I wanted to build this in the first place, and basically, depended on what I'm doing for the day, and what equipment I'm using. I hate fiddleing with the back of the amps and stuff... Especially when the rack is sitting against a wall and I have to spin it around and cranny my self to get at it.

So, what I did was to take a flat piece of 18gauge metal and build a patch panel where on the left front side has two line inputs (left/right) that I run via XLR from my mixer, and two line outputs (left/right) that I run to my powered speakers when I am using them. On the right side front I have 2 sets of Speakon outputs giving me outputs from both amps (channels A and B from each amp). The rear is XLR to one amp which is fed to the next amp via the signal out, and the front line outs are split internally via soldered connections. The rear of the Speakon sides is just the amps running up and plugging into a female speakon jack. This lets me use the system in bits, or the whole thing at once, without having to rearange anything inside the rack. Now, I don't have a huge sound system, so when I say everything at once, it is just two Cubos with JBL tops on poles, and then two powered Mackies on tripods. Its nice and convient, though, to have a rack now that I finially got around to building one... but it is kind of heavy carrying it alone.

i.imgur.com/L6aMEh.jpg
i.imgur.com/fAUJbh.jpg
i.imgur.com/ipzh1h.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crossed
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #18673 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic Re: Trouble with a DIY patch panel
Sorry for the upcoming spam, I haven't quite figured this new forum out... don't see how to attach multiple pictures to one post.

• crossed
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #18674 by crossed
painted all prety

• crossed
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #18675 by crossed

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds