want to build a PA (especially for Psytrance)

• sanpedrofication
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #18491 by sanpedrofication
want to build a PA (especially for Psytrance) was created by sanpedrofication
Hy guys,
i want to build a pa, that will mostly be used at psytrance partys. I will start with 2 18" Subs 1850 Horns.
Now my question, is this a good cabi for this use or is there a better one ?

greets Pedro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #18493 by bee
the 1850 is a good cab, but you will need to use them in stacks of four.....

More
11 years 10 months ago #18494 by anjmoor
Bee, would you need to use the usb's in a stack and if so how many?

More
11 years 10 months ago #18495 by Gingernuts
Replied by Gingernuts on topic Re: want to build a PA (especially for Psytrance)
USB in a stack??? or on top of 1850 horns? 1850's play quite high so should meet you're tops no need for kicks. If you are getting at having a stack of USB's like any similar design the more units the lower they will drop (within reason). I've used 3 a side, should drop to 40hz loaded with PD's good hight for you're top boxes and kick like hell ;) .

More
11 years 10 months ago #18499 by bee
lol if defo shook some dust from the roof..... 3 usb's as side do sound nice..... but saying that 12 18" drivers should shake any room.....

More
11 years 10 months ago #18500 by bee
the main question is whats your budget, for just the cabs and drivers, and how many people do you need the rig to cover.....

• sanpedrofication
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #18501 by sanpedrofication
Replied by sanpedrofication on topic Re: want to build a PA (especially for Psytrance)
Cthanks for request !
i will build 2 mt 102 as tops and 2 1850er horns as sub, later i will add 2 1850`s
an other question, what is the sound - difference between a sub and a horn loaded sub ?

greets

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #18634 by AOIAUDIO

sanpedrofication wrote: Cthanks for request !
i will build 2 mt 102 as tops and 2 1850er horns as sub, later i will add 2 1850`s
an other question, what is the sound - difference between a sub and a horn loaded sub ?

greets

A horn loaded speaker will have increased efficiency, and a larger radiating surface which means more SPL per watt, however this is balanced by a smaller bandwidth meaning less flexibility, and a more complex/expensive/heavy box.

For psy trance, I have heard two 1850 horns a side sound good, I find that the energy in psy trance is a lot more upper bass/kick, so its not that much of an issue if your cabinets don't quite hit the 40Hz -3db mark.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by AOIAUDIO.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds