Leap or LspCAD?

• kevinmcdonough
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #12379 by kevinmcdonough
Leap or LspCAD? was created by kevinmcdonough
hey

Was chatting to an engineer friend about some cabs that i'm planning to build, and how i need to read up on crossovers and crossover software as for the first time I wanna put a passive crossover in them.

He has both Leap and LspCad, both of which have crossover designers, and offered them for my use. As both are more complex programs than what I usually use (bassboxpro) and which one would people recommend me digging into and spending time learning?

Obviously Leap is the more "professional" one (and more expensive! smiley17 ) but I know it doesn't have any measurement features for measuring the driver and building a suitable crossover where as LspCAD does, al be it basic ones. While I'm sure I probably will use it to design the actual cab (and another, fairly complicated one I have in mind) its the crossover feature that's most important.

k

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #12408 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Leap or LspCAD?
I have had Leap and LMS for a good few years now. The speaker measurements you talk about are done with LMS and then transfered to leap. All my Spektra passives were done with this system.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• kevinmcdonough
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #12410 by kevinmcdonough
Replied by kevinmcdonough on topic Leap or LspCAD?
thanks tony.

Unfortunately i dont think he has the actual LMS program, so its either go with LspCAD with its basic measurements of the drivers or use Leap and find something else to measure the driver properly.

Assuming I go with the Leap option, what other fairly cheap or free options are available for measuring driver specs?

K

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds