amp+impedance question

• david
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 8 months ago #4158 by david
amp+impedance question was created by david
hi

i have a crest cc4000 running the bass on my system, i use to run 4 18"reflex subs, 2 each side
anyway i'm starting to "upgrade" my bins to superscoopers 18tbx100 loaded

the b&c 18tbx100 i can get now is the 4ohm version, and its 1000w rms
my cc4000 is capable of doing 2000w @ 2 ohm/channel

so i thought about running 4 scoops on that amp, this way each scoop would be well powered......

my only question is...is it ok for an amp like crest cc4000 togo 2 ohm all nite???
i ask this because i never used it in 2 ohm before. i never had any ssue with crest amps but the cc4000 is notin themore expensive range. anyway from the sheet it should be capable of doing 2 ohms stero/4 ohms mono

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4161 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic amp+impedance question
Only someone with experience of these amps could answer you with confidence, however if Crest have the amp spec'd at 4 ohms bridged, it should be ok at 2 ohms stereo. No doubt cheaper crest amps are made in China (if not all of them now). If you are uncertain, you should try and build up the gain as you progress through a night. Just keep your eye on the heat situation.
On the subject of running scoops, I always found them amp friendly, especially compared to folded horns.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• david
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 8 months ago #4176 by david
Replied by david on topic amp+impedance question
well i posted the same question on speakerplans and its seems its not the most reliable solution, but not terrible if i run it carefully

crest has spec'd 4 ohm mono or 2 ohm stereo, its one of the cheaper crest amps (i paid it 930 euro...ok its cheap but for me it was an effort!), and its made in china
i bought it one year ago, never had a problem running 4 reflex boxes( but that 4 ohm stereo) all night

More
15 years 8 months ago #4177 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic amp+impedance question
I'm just pray for you, I'm china amps owner too.

• david
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 8 months ago #4179 by david
Replied by david on topic amp+impedance question

bitzo wrote: I'm just pray for you, I'm china amps owner too.

when i have 2 scoops i will play them 1 each channel of the amp. so they get 1200w each
when i have 3 i can use my crest 4801 for the 3rd scoop, its 1200w mono 4 ohms
when i have 4 i will try the 2 ohm thing

talking bout china amps, theres china and china...and crest is a good brand. also other chinese made amps are good...and sometimes even the bad ones work good
we have a very cheap street audio amp at our squat, its 4 years now and we never had a problem, about 200 gigs, we also have 1 tonight and having said that its problem free, i will cross my fingers!

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds