In Need Of A Short Throw Sub

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #381 by
Need a short throw sub........ Thing is i've got a few little gigs where SB218's are too big and USB's dont work in small rooms, Barry ( BP sound ) has some SSB221 - 2x 21" pd2150 and they work great BUT @ 142kg each therenot good when your working on your own .

What is a 'wicked one' ? ? would/could this work ?

Thanks for your help

Site looking good

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #385 by boycey
Replied by boycey on topic In Need Of A Short Throw Sub
www.decware.com/newsite/mainmenu.htm?/whorn.htm&intro

^wicked one info.

as far as i know it's still a long throw even though it's primarily designed for cars (albeit driven by bloody loons). why not a straight up bandpass?

this

More
15 years 10 months ago #439 by csg
Replied by csg on topic In Need Of A Short Throw Sub
if you like the twin 18 reflex format, how about a single 18 reflex.

ill have to give you a demo of my new single 21" reflexes soon Tim, on paper they should be quite impressive, and at 700 x 700 x 720mm they aint big.

More
15 years 10 months ago #454 by danger noise
Replied by danger noise on topic In Need Of A Short Throw Sub
wicked ones are an odd box. they play low but still retain loads of punch, i built some new versions that are modified to fit 12"s in better, however at the same time i also increased the wall height in order to stack well on end with the mid tops i built. my (slightly lax) thinking at the time was that the increased volume would make them play louder and lower.
to a degree it has done that, however it does seem to have tuned them stupidly low. they play 60-90 pretty well, have a dip around 40-50 and then play 40 and down really well.

that said, crossed at around 90 hz to some 12"s in a bass reflex cab it still sounds nails with techno/psy/house...breaks and drum and bass are pretty good but i feel there's maybe a bit in the 40-60 range thats lacking...or at least could be improved upon.

if you were to decide to build them my suggestion would be to use 12"'s (beyma lx60 work well) and add 2" to the wall height as shown on the decware plans. build it 3x3.6ft to enable the drivers to be mounted square to the side wall... i will draw up some plans, been asked by a few people and been quite slack.

if after building them you decide you don't like them you can always make some double 12 reflex subs with the beymas... i reckon you will find the WO's work well, i'd be really interested to hear them under some USB's too, thats got nails written all over it...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #467 by
Replied by on topic In Need Of A Short Throw Sub

csg wrote:

if you like the twin 18 reflex format, how about a single 18 reflex.

ill have to give you a demo of my new single 21" reflexes soon Tim, on paper they should be quite impressive, and at 700 x 700 x 720mm they aint big.

like the sound of that ! Tell me more........

More
15 years 10 months ago #512 by csg
Replied by csg on topic In Need Of A Short Throw Sub
b&c neo 21", 30hz and up, 1500w rms, 4 ohm so efficient amp usage. Give me a couple of weeks and ill wizz some down to you and we can have a play. i can check those lasers out at the same time.

just thinking these might integrate with the rest of your system better than more and different horns, so will be more predictable in their results when giing from club to club etc.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds