HPF and OHMS

• nickyburnell
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 8 months ago #3613 by nickyburnell
HPF and OHMS was created by nickyburnell
I've got a little pole up pub system, 15 and 12 with Fane HF250.
It is used 2 way, with an active xover and the HF250's are pasiive HIGH PASS only at 7k.
The 15's are 4ohms and I want to change the 12's for 4 ohms to drag as much power from the little amps. So heres the bit I don't understand:

The HF250's are 8ohms, the HPF is 8 ohms. I know it will do something incorrect to the slope etc but as it's just a little system I'm not too worried. Thing is am I going to damage the HF250's? Thanks to all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3625 by csg
Replied by csg on topic HPF and OHMS
so, as i understand it, you want to change the 12" driver for a 4 ohm driver, but leave the hf250 and high pass filter as is

if that is what you intend to do, you wont have any problems with the hf250 - if anything it will be safer as more of the current will be pulled by the 12" in relation to the tweeter. this will also cause a change in the spectral balance, so you will need to re-eq the system

providing the load seen by the hpf does not change, the x over frequency will remain unchanged
if the crossover is connected to the 12" as well, then that may well cause problems

• nickyburnell
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 8 months ago #3626 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic HPF and OHMS
Many thanks. That is what I presumed , ie an 8r and 4r driver in the same cab, 4r gets more, just wasn't sure how the hpf changed things.
Ta lots
Nick

More
15 years 8 months ago #3631 by hansa
Replied by hansa on topic HPF and OHMS
If there is no passive lowpass to the 12", then your good.

What seems to be the officer, problem?

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds