peavey has impressed me!!

• ginger_biscuit69
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 9 months ago #2894 by ginger_biscuit69
peavey has impressed me!! was created by ginger_biscuit69
did a wedding reception this weekend, the PA company turned up with four dual 18" reflex peavey 'QQ' range subs, and a pair of QQ rangedual 12"+comp midtops. Each cab was driven by a bridged yamaha 7000s amps on driverack260.

sounded bloody good, putting LOTS of systems ive heard to shame, had an amazing sound for dance music, the upper kick was punchy tight and clear, with the sub hitting the lowest lows!

was a large amount of burning smell at one point from adhesive melting in the mids, but that got turned down and all was good.

Wierdly the house only had a 32amp total feed (wierd arrangment - garage 100m away had a 100amp, with a 32amp spur going to the main house). as we drove sound and lighting from the house, all the filliment lights were dimming to the bass, including the household lights!

anyway, does anyone have some more info about these cabs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2936 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic peavey has impressed me!!
Strange how things turn out, Peavey may be one of the manufacturers who have improved since they went to China. The USA stuff was always love it or hate it for me.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• ginger_biscuit69
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 9 months ago #2941 by ginger_biscuit69
Replied by ginger_biscuit69 on topic peavey has impressed me!!
these cabs were from around the 90's, marketed as proffesional cabs. they are solidly constructed, have a really tuff black splatter paint finish etc...

they seem pretty rare, not many people have them, and i cannot find any information on the web about them.

im quite a fan of the peavey hisys stuff for pub type gigs, they have the power, and robustness to survive and i always managed to get the rig sounding really good!

More
15 years 9 months ago #2948 by sam york
Replied by sam york on topic peavey has impressed me!!

ginger_biscuit69 wrote: these cabs were from around the 90's, marketed as proffesional cabs. they are solidly constructed, have a really tuff black splatter paint finish etc...
<div></div>
<div>they seem pretty rare, not many people have them, and i cannot find any information on the web about them. </div>
<div></div>
<div>im quite a fan of the peavey hisys stuff for pub type gigs, they have the power, and robustness to survive and i always managed to get the rig sounding really good! </div>

I used to run a Hisys rig off PV series amps, before I had much of a clue what I was doing (back in the day when I thought 'black widow' drivers were a real sign of quality)

Pub gigs every other weekend, not nearly enough rig for the gig, run the whole system flat out into clipping for hours and hours. God bless DDT - never toasted a single driver.

Sure you mean QQ? I know the QWs which sound roughly like what you describe... www.peavey-eu.com/product.php?flag=GB&lan=UK&lvl=5&key=57

More
15 years 9 months ago #2977 by noiseboy
Replied by noiseboy on topic peavey has impressed me!!
Ashamed to admit it but I still have a PV 2600 in the rack which I still use now and again but only on mids. Not the greastest sound amp in he world. I've had it for years as a spare, has always been reliable and at least is seems to have quite a low noise floor. The DDT is certainly a plus as it's quite easy to run it into clip!
I've never used any Peavey cabs myself but all the ones I've heard sound pretty dreadful, plenty loud but dry,harsh and usually leave my ears ringing.
Nicest rig I've heard lately was D&B, sounded better than mine damn it!..... it cost a dozen times more though!

Chris

• ginger_biscuit69
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 9 months ago #3091 by ginger_biscuit69
Replied by ginger_biscuit69 on topic peavey has impressed me!!
hey, your right, it was the QW range. sounded really good i thought!

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds