ASS sp5 on the x1

• another
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #289 by another
ASS sp5 on the x1 was created by another
just where to find them?? (i'm not england based) I want the sp5 to run whit x1 ( no much money for hd 15 and dedicated mt....) how much they cost? how do they perform? what are the suitables alternatives? And what is the website of the ass speakers??
thanks for help!

good thing this new forum [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• another
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #754 by another
Replied by another on topic ASS sp5 on the x1
[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img] anyone?

More
15 years 10 months ago #756 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic ASS sp5 on the x1
You would probably have to Find a Second hand SP5 as i believe Tony isnt really building them anymore.
It could be worth Contacting him via PM 'Tony A.S.S'

Im Sure the SP5 Will sound Great. All Depends on the type of Music. Maybe better Running with a Reflex Sub if you want a bit more Kick as you could Cross it abit higher(X1 is a SUB below 70/80 hz)

Although i have never heard of the SP5, what kind of Cabinet is it?

• another
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #758 by another
to be honest i don't know what cab it is. but I think that adambomb use those whit his x1's.... I am not sure that I want sp5 i just want a cab taht can do the job for a while... the time needed to build the kick section. So I need a fullrange cab, right? what can i take whit £900??? thanks.

More
15 years 10 months ago #759 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic ASS sp5 on the x1
if you already have X1 i would Either Build or Buy some HD15, in the long run you will save Money. And have a System that is proven to Work. HBL was Selling some HD215.

Before Spending Any money you should have a Think about What you want, Consider what music you are building the system for, how many people. How much money you want to invest overall, Give your Self targets to aim for.
Otherwise you will end up with a Mish mash of Different Cabinets that might not Sound good.

It took me 2 Years to get my First System together, mainly because i got distracted from what i wanted and Bought Anything!

So do some Research and Decide what you Really want!

More
15 years 10 months ago #765 by danger noise
Replied by danger noise on topic ASS sp5 on the x1
for £900 you could build a pair of the mid tops i designed. its a seperate double 12 reflex loaded low mid and then a hornloaded 8 &1 mid top cab. would make a nice 4 way stack with the x1's, be a reasonable height to get the mid and top up to/ slightly over head height.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #780 by
Replied by on topic ASS sp5 on the x1
The ASS SP5s are a basic 15"+6"+1" reflex cab.. and work really well over X1s crossed around 80hz... lots of kick, very clean sound.. beautiful mid from the 6".

They suit me as they can stand on there own as monitors or work well above the X1s.. ther are plenty of designs around that are similer... which will be available on the main site soon.
Edited by: Adambomb

• another
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #898 by another
ok, I look forward until there are plans...
looks great but i need a mt section that can be used also like monitors... so i wait the fsp plans section for some 15+6+1.

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds