file Looking for assistant on rig plans

2 years 11 months ago #24823 by ACAUDIO
Looking for assistant on rig plans was created by ACAUDIO
Hey & thanks for any help in advance.
Am looking to start a build & want to make two hog scoops. Have a 2200w generator to start and will be using a pair of passive 100w pioneer speakers for mid tops to start. Wanted to get the biggest bass bins I can as a foundation as would be looking to upsize the generator at a later date keeping the bins but attaining proper mid tops and kicks. Was looking at something like void 1000w drivers and would like to know what size & make amp would be recommended. Not sure if it was better to go to a neo driver or whether these would be fine. Also would like to see if running say a 2000w amp alongside a 200w amp for my currant tops with a crossover, DDJ-1000 decks etc would overload the generator. Would also like to see if hog scoops are the best 18” bins to make they just sized up well for the car and looked sick. Don’t have a small budget just want to make something big that won’t be outgrown anytime soon. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #24824 by ACAUDIO
Replied by ACAUDIO on topic Looking for assistant on rig plans
Also appreciate this is a bit of a strange build with monster bins with 100w tops just want to start from the bins making them properly without needing to upsize In future, guessing I’m going to be recommended getting smaller bass drivers and power some kicks aswell however don’t mind having something temporary with larger bass than I need with a better foundation 

2 years 11 months ago #24832 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Looking for assistant on rig plans
Why not start with one HOG and two half decent tops instead? It will cost the same but will have superior performance to your suggestion, just add an extra HOG in the future.

2 years 10 months ago #24849 by christopherjoah
Replied by christopherjoah on topic Looking for assistant on rig plans
Hi, keep the link, there you will find the answer to your question about building materials. There is a very wide range, I think you will find what you are looking for insulationwholesale.co.uk/plasterboard/m...istant-plasterboard/ .