About this dead forum

• turbochris11
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #24497 by turbochris11
About this dead forum was created by turbochris11
HI!
I have been a member for years and sorry to say, but this forum is dead. Links don´t work, most pictures are from external hoster´s and expired. After all, it is a good thing no on uses it. Let me explain why:

I was never able to see a decent plan because of download´s denied. So I enlarged the small stuff on the pages to get an idea.

Worst is, many of these plans are based on fantasy instead of science, have never been build by the "designer" and will not give any usable result! 

Most complicated to build "horns" will give you less output than any simple reflex cabinet. I´m sure the "designers" know that!

I don´t know if these are bad intentions of commercial builders or just prank´s, but if you invest a lot of money in wood and work, it is really sad what you will receive in the end. So this is a forum intended to make you look bad when you try to DIYS. 

Never build any of these plans, go somewhere else where you can see some serious simulations,  measurements of actual builds, discuss with people that really have one and then choose a plan...

You are warned!

Greetings, Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #24659 by bee
Replied by bee on topic About this dead forum
you may of been a member for yearws, but only 2 posts, have you not needed to ask questions, or offer plans, plotts ect. A forum is only as active as its members. Maybe you have a point. We could all post a little more from time to time. 

As for the plans, i would disagree, ive built a few for clients, and they were very happy with them. 

Why not ask how does one take readings for example, and start your own thread, that way you could learn something and in return contribute too.

More
3 years 8 months ago #24660 by bee
Most complicated to build "horns" will give you less output than any simple reflex cabinet. I´m sure the "designers" know that!

So not true, while a reflex can be the most musical of boxes, there are many a horn box, that for spl will destroy reflex boxes. 

reflex vs scoop for example.

i would need 32 reflex boxes to keep up with 8 of my 221 quake horns.

More
3 years 8 months ago #24661 by bee
I don´t know if these are bad intentions of commercial builders

i think your find the plans , most of them were designed by diy guys, just like a lot of other forums.
No manufacturer would give away plans. That's why the diy community exists. 

That said a no a few diy designers, that could easily get jobs with pro manufacturers. 

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds