Eminence Beta 12 for MT122, is it worth?

• marekmazo
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #23599 by marekmazo
Eminence Beta 12 for MT122, is it worth? was created by marekmazo
Hi, I can have 4 of these speakers for a good price and I have some wood to build these, in combination with D210Ti and a big horn.. is it worth?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #23602 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Eminence Beta 12 for MT122, is it worth?
I wouldn't buy those Beta's, you want something that's suited for a small rear chamber in the order of 15 litres. Qts at least half that of the Beta's.

Best regards

Cubo

• marekmazo
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #23609 by marekmazo
Replied by marekmazo on topic Eminence Beta 12 for MT122, is it worth?
Thanks. What would happen if I made those rear chambers as one, I mean connecting them all the height?

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #23615 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Eminence Beta 12 for MT122, is it worth?
That wouldn't increase the rear chamber volume that much. If you would include the space that the high driver is mounted in that would increase the average rear chamber volume three-fold. You would then have a rear chamber suited for the Beta 12.

However it would be a bit like putting big spikey tires on a city-moped, it's now better prepared for off-road but isn't quite a dirt bike yet. By that analogue you would need a better motor as well, which is what the Beta will still lack, after increasing the rear chamber (also the Xmax isn't that happy to support the increase in chamber size).

Personally I would advise you to look for better drivers but it would hurt a little less, if you'd still would go for the Beta's now ;)

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Cubo15.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds