18"bass bins

• paulshivers
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #23219 by paulshivers
18"bass bins was created by paulshivers
hi guys i am a kitchen cabinet maker , and also a drummer , i would like to build 2 18" sub bins for my band , could some1 recommend a design bering in mind i would like a good kick drum sound

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #23225 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic 18"bass bins
Do you already have the drivers? What are you using on top?

Best regards

Cubo

• paulshivers
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #23232 by paulshivers
Replied by paulshivers on topic 18"bass bins
i have a martin audio rig , 2 @ 12" tops and 2 @ 18 subs but unfortunately i the
the subs need new voice coils .its a pretty old pa but sounds great . i was going to replace the drivers withEminence Kilomax Pro 18 (Kilomax 18) 8 Ohm Twin Pack . when taking the drivers out of the cabinets i noticed that there were no deflectors , that gave me the idea of making my own sub's . i have a full workshop at my disposal . so it would be a nice wee project . id be very great full an any advice you could offer. thanks paul

More
8 years 1 month ago #23251 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic 18"bass bins
I wouldn't advise the Kilomax Pro 18 unless you have a very large reflex cabinet. Not sure what you mean with deflectors but if you like the sound of your old PA, perhaps the safest bet is to go with a remake of that bass cabinet in combination with drivers that are best suited for that design? Personally I would go with a Cubo 18 Extended loaded with the 18Sound 18NLW9400 but my opinion is subjective at best ;)

Best regards

Cubo

More
8 years 1 month ago #23253 by bee
Replied by bee on topic 18"bass bins
lol, that's one bad boy driver.... I think ill need to listen to it in a cubo 18 extended...

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds