How to download?

More
8 years 6 months ago #23006 by intorqueo
Replied by intorqueo on topic How to download?
Thanks for your response, GIVEORTAKE.

I really don't think the download issue is page specific at all. It affects ALL pages.
It most likely has to do with the way each page is filtered when displayed; pages get filtered/displayed one way for guests, another for users.
I could give you a bunch of screen shots, or page addresses specifically, but I'd suggest that you simply LOGOUT, then access the site as a GUEST.
It will be VERY APPARENT, the difference, as guests will see a DOWNLOAD button for hosted files, registered users will not.

Another quirk.... Why, as a registered user, do I have to put in a damn captcha for each of my messages???? That's the crap that guests should have to put up with!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #23007 by intorqueo
I've included the source code for one of the pages in question (but this pertains to ALL pages as well).
One file is the source code for guests, the other file is the source code used for registered users.
It's pretty obvious where the problem lies.
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago #23010 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic How to download?
Hey Interqueo, thanks for the feedback and the files, I will look into it as soon as time allows.
Regarding the issue, the thing is I have around 5 different regular accounts that work perfectly with downloads as it does with most users too, that's where I am trying to pinpoint why it's doing only on certain registered accounts. I will keep digging...

Regarding the Captcha it will stop once you reach 5 posts, it is to keep us all protected from spammers that simply register to flood the forum with crap. Guests cannot post, it would bring even more spam.

Thanks a lot for helping me, I will keep you updated on my findings...

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #23011 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic How to download?
Ok, I think it is all fixed now. The issue came from our Document Management System (Docman), their latest version has a known bug that requires to re-publish every documents after a migration to resolve some rights/permission issues.
Can you test and let me know if you see any outstanding problem, thanks again for your feedback.

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by giveortake.

More
8 years 6 months ago #23012 by Axxx
Replied by Axxx on topic How to download?
Hi, it seems to work now. I tried accessing a couple of driver docs and all of them appear. Should I stumble across more issues I post it. Thank you so much!

More
8 years 6 months ago #23013 by intorqueo
Yes, it works. Thank you much!

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds