file Phase plug

9 years 5 months ago #22111 by dnb123
Phase plug was created by dnb123
Which one of you sparkles wants to guide me through the concept of a phase plug and how to go about designing one in horns resp? ;) all help appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #22113 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic Phase plug
Hey dnb123, check: Centuri Audio for an in depth guide on phase plugs.

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

9 years 5 months ago #22121 by dnb123
Replied by dnb123 on topic Re:Phase plug
Thanks man :)

9 years 5 months ago #22122 by dnb123
Really interesting, but I'm still unsure about how to aply to a design on horns reap, closest thing I can do is calculate the volume of the throat, then take away the volume of a phase plug and by trial and error figure out a good one. However I'm totally aware that by doing this the program is not simulating the phase plug, instead a throat the size of the one with the phase plug in, any tips?

9 years 5 months ago #22126 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic Re:Phase plug

dnb123 wrote: Really interesting, but I'm still unsure about how to aply to a design on horns reap, closest thing I can do is calculate the volume of the throat, then take away the volume of a phase plug and by trial and error figure out a good one. However I'm totally aware that by doing this the program is not simulating the phase plug, instead a throat the size of the one with the phase plug in, any tips?

I wish I were advanced enough to help! I am just far enough along to get myself into trouble If I stray to far from the beaten path.

P.S. That was one of my gripes about the BFM designs. They were calling a diffuser plate a Phase plug. While as you probably already know, depending on the Frequency range the cabinet has to function in. A simple diffuser plate can be sufficient. Almost all of the full range designs they sell need a true Phase plug and don't have it. They make up some of that with a driver that is really suited for a guitar cab... It still leaves a hole in the Midrange.

9 years 5 months ago #22133 by dnb123
Yeah I get you, no worries I'm sure you know more than me! I'm trying to incorporate the 10" rcf kit with the phase plug into this design,but I want to simulate it first before building

9 years 5 months ago #22134 by dnb123
Replied by dnb123 on topic Re:Re: Phase plug
This top with rcf phase plug
Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago #22142 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic Re:Phase plug

dnb123 wrote: Yeah I get you, no worries I'm sure you know more than me! I'm trying to incorporate the 10" rcf kit with the phase plug into this design,but I want to simulate it first before building

At the moment your way ahead of me...You already built the right cabs from BFM and are continuing to expand and explore! Actually I should get out of this thread because it is beyond where I really can help!
Wishing you the best though!

9 years 5 months ago #22145 by dnb123
Haha alright man, thanks anyways, check back in a few weeks, maybe you can learn from the answer aswell :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bjm362