Hz SB600 replacement driver

• martin0037
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #22078 by martin0037
Hz SB600 replacement driver was created by martin0037
Hi guys. I have a pair of HZ SB600 subs, the dual coil 18" ones. One of the drivers has blown. Does anyone know or have experience with any other drivers that will work for these cabs?

Replacements from Hz are now single coil 500w 8ohm drivers, but I need to run them 4ohm.

Any advice would be great.
Thanks Martin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #22088 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic Hz SB600 replacement driver

martin0037 wrote: Hi guys. I have a pair of HZ SB600 subs, the dual coil 18" ones. One of the drivers has blown. Does anyone know or have experience with any other drivers that will work for these cabs?

Replacements from Hz are now single coil 500w 8ohm drivers, but I need to run them 4ohm.

Any advice would be great.
Thanks Martin.

Just to be clear, are you saying you need a 4 ohm load at each cabinet once it is wired, or are you saying you need 4 ohm drivers that you can either series into an 8 ohm load or parallel into a 2 ohm load. Those subs can be run a number of ways, for a bolt in swap you need the same number and impedance of coils. Since you are saying they don't make those anymore you need to express the impedance as total load value. If you need a total load of 4 ohms, that is 2x 8 ohm drivers in parallel!

• martin0037
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #22089 by martin0037
Replied by martin0037 on topic Hz SB600 replacement driver
Yes, sorry. Forget that.. 8ohm drivers are fine (forgot about bridge mode on the amp).

Just wondering what other drivers would work in these cabs?

Wondered about the P-Audio 18ELF?

www.bluearan.co.uk/sales/p-audio/E_18ELF.pdf

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #22090 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic Hz SB600 replacement driver

martin0037 wrote: Yes, sorry. Forget that.. 8ohm drivers are fine (forgot about bridge mode on the amp).

Just wondering what other drivers would work in these cabs?

Wondered about the P-Audio 18ELF?

www.bluearan.co.uk/sales/p-audio/E_18ELF.pdf

Without looking at a boxmodel of some nature from an existing cabinet, the easiest way to establish that is the TS parameters of the original drivers. If the parameters are within +or-10% you are probably OK. +or-5% is much better!!!

Edit: BTW, I think the manufacturer is recommending an 8 ohm driver as replacement so the amp will see the same load as before...but it never hurts to check!
2nd Edit: That driver is designed for the kind of application you are intending it for.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by bjm362.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds