file Driver for Tannoy Lynx Cabinet/Cubo 12

9 years 9 months ago #21728 by turbodeas
Driver for Tannoy Lynx Cabinet/Cubo 12 was created by turbodeas
Hi All!

This is my first post on this forum, I used to hang around Speakerplans.com but can't seem to remember my login details and this looks like a friendly community so thought I'd pop in and say hi :)

So, without meaning to ask the impossible, I'm after some advice with regards to drivers. I've done various Google searches and can't find any definitive answers so thought I'd ask in the forum.

Basically, I've got a pair of old Tannoy Lynx cabinets which measure 490*366*412. They would originally have had a dual concentric driver in them, and eventually (once I find a pair!) i'd love to reinstate them to their former glory. More info here:

www.hilberink.nl/codehans/tannoy125.htm

I'm doing a project this Summer that requires a very compact 12" bass cabinet (I'm not expecting super lows from a box like this) and I was wondering what driver would be a suitable stop gap solution? My criteria is that it has to be CHEAP (<£80 ideally), I'll be powering it with about 500W of C-Mark amp and it just needs to thump away quite happily and reinforce a load of 6.5" tops in a quadrophonic situation at low to medium levels.

Like I said, I'm not expecting miracles, but as I already have a box and very limited timeframe, my options seem to be:

1. Fane Sovereign 12-500LF www.fane-acoustics.com/prod_details.aspx?pid=202
2. P Audio E12-300S www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=PAUE1230...2R274CFbDJtAodT2AA9A

However, if someone can suggest something else then please do.

Now, my longer term project is to build a pair of Cubo 12's to house the 12" drivers eventually, so if it's at all possible it'd be good to get something that will work in both the old Lynx cabs and also Cubos, once I get some tools and get building. A tall order, I'm sure!

Cheers anyway all.

C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.