cnc speaker cabs

• zeus79
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #20341 by zeus79
cnc speaker cabs was created by zeus79
hi to all !
If anyone out there is interested in pre cut flat pack cabs, or finished cabs all cnc machined to the highest specs dont hesitate to contact me.
location nottingham uk
zeus79 forman- audiocabs.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #20342 by Vito
Replied by Vito on topic Re: cnc speaker cabs
Wow, that would be pretty cool :) Sadly my CNC working area is only 30x40cm :) Can we see some examples?

More
10 years 9 months ago #20346 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Re: cnc speaker cabs
zeus79 real joiners don't need a cnc......lol.... pic please.....

More
10 years 9 months ago #20352 by K-M-Sound-System
Replied by K-M-Sound-System on topic Re: cnc speaker cabs
Some pics of work would be good :)

If the price is right i might need to give you a call and have a chat ;)

More
10 years 9 months ago #20353 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Re: cnc speaker cabs

bee wrote: zeus79 real joiners don't need a cnc......lol.... pic please.....

Couple of great builders I know, are out of the business now, originally due to too many orders & not being able to keep up, then loosing business.

If they invested in Cnc machine to cut panels exactly every-time, and schoolboy to help glue and screw, they could probably have focused on the paint finish, and live very comfortably, with weekends off.

Assuming prices were right.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
10 years 9 months ago #20358 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Re: cnc speaker cabs
true if all the orders where for the same cab, cnc only works out quicker in bulk order use 16 cabs and more kind of orders, by the time you take programming and setting up time, you wont produce small orders much quicker, so time vs cost etc you may not be any better off..... ive been looking in to the pros and cons of a cnc in the past few months. The accuracy is only as good as the cad drawings and the tolerance of the machine, in some cases by using overhead routers of router jigs can be more accurate. The cheaper cnc machines just don't cut it, second hand for a good one your looking at 20k to 30k min....

More
10 years 9 months ago #20396 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Re: cnc speaker cabs
In our heyday, we probably produced more cabs than anyone else at any one time. We always had between 5-600 cabs waiting to be done every month. It was done with 4 overhead routers and 4 people operating them. This also allowed us to keep different jobs going at the same time. I personally have never the seen the relevance of CNC machines in our business, mainly because they don't do the whole job. in fact have a think and decide how much of the job they contribute to. They don't assemble or sand or paint or even cut, although this is possible through machining. Whereas the job they were invented for, Kitchen doors, is a job where the product apart from foil or paint, is completed by the machine, and usually a continuous process.
I have never seen any evidence that a cab that has been machined by CNC is better than one made by other methods.
I like to feel part of my creations, and I wouldn't get that watching a CNC Router do the job.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds