What kind of boxes are these?

• neillakhansingh
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #18687 by neillakhansingh
What kind of boxes are these? was created by neillakhansingh
Can anyone tell what kind of boxes are in the pic?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #18690 by thepersonunknown
Replied by thepersonunknown on topic Re: What kind of boxes are these?
they just look like v baffle reflex subs. i had a stack of these in melbourne, which i was ranting about last night, but the ports on mine were on the ends and flaired. its a good way of making the bixes a bit shorter

its jinda hard to focus on the stack for too long though init.... :P
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by thepersonunknown.

More
11 years 10 months ago #18695 by mairspain
Replied by mairspain on topic Re: What kind of boxes are these?
They look a lot like the RCF TT28

www.directproaudio.com/product.cfm?directid=58266

Perhaps?

• neillakhansingh
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #18704 by neillakhansingh
Replied by neillakhansingh on topic Re: What kind of boxes are these?
Seems to be the RCFTT28, I wonder how they sounded though. Thepersonunknown how did your boxes sound?

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #18717 by thepersonunknown
Replied by thepersonunknown on topic Re: What kind of boxes are these?
yea my ones sounded great, they were 15inch though. they were quite big boxes, and tuned low (i cant remember now but they played down to 40ish hz in force. i used to run them up to 100hz to meet some 15inch w bin midbass sections and they sounded great. as a matter of fact i think they could have played much higher and still sounded tight, but i didnt bother (no need). the design gave the cab a smaller front area, as i said before, but they were big cabs all the same. wide and deep. i recoment this layout for reflex subs, although im not sure it makes a huge difference soundwise. perhaps if you were running them in the the upper bass range you might get a little boost from the horn effect of the v, but i think this is of limited practicality. its just a space saver realy, and keeps ur drivers well back from the grille, which was good for these cabs as they realy took some all weather beatings. it also allwed us to taper the ports without the front of the cab getting any bigger. the fact these cabs sounded good was down to other factors realy, but the v shape was handy, and being unique at that time and place, gave it a bit of a visual effect, but not much more i think.

the ports were on each end in my cabs, and tapered as i said before

PS. i actualy have a single v baffel cab loaded with jbl2202h at the moment. its very compact, and obvioulsy ment to play a much higher range. i realy dont like it. a lot of port noise, and dont seem to excell at anything realy. strange design for the drivers in my opinion. i just picked it up as a deal sweetener realy, and the drivers might well come in handy one day
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by thepersonunknown.

More
11 years 9 months ago #18776 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Re: What kind of boxes are these?
They sound great. Heard these at a trade show, 2 box's, was blown away by them. The ones in the photo must have been just ticking over because if they were turned up like the ones I heard at the show, there wouldn't be anyone left standing on that float.

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds