DB Mark26II - Thank you Tony Wilkes

• tintek
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #18661 by tintek
DB Mark26II - Thank you Tony Wilkes was created by tintek
Finally got round to inputing the system parameters from martin audio website into my new DB Marks unit today. What a great piece of kit! Was so simple to create different system configs and edit. Much easier to program than the ultradrive i thought. Cant wait to take it out, have a listen and do some more playing around while linked up to the system.

Anyone else using these units? any bad points people have noticed? so far im well impressed for the money.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #18662 by bee

More
11 years 10 months ago #18663 by audiomik
Replied by audiomik on topic Re: DB Mark26II - Thank you Tony Wilkes
Have one of the 6211's.
Not yet used for a 'system', but have run it a number of times for some tests where I needed Filters and find that the front panel programming is easy to use.

Mik

More
11 years 10 months ago #18664 by jsk
Replied by jsk on topic Re: DB Mark26II - Thank you Tony Wilkes
We have been running the 4811 live for sometime now. Very easy to programme both on front panel and on the software. Would like a resizable gui for the software to run on notebook.
Great bit of kit well supported by TW.

More
11 years 10 months ago #18711 by knet94
Replied by knet94 on topic Re: DB Mark26II - Thank you Tony Wilkes

bee wrote: knet from channel one has 3 of them....

Excellent LMS's. Super sound, no real issues.

More
11 years 10 months ago #18714 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic Re: DB Mark26II - Thank you Tony Wilkes

tintek wrote: Finally got round to inputing the system parameters from martin audio website into my new DB Marks unit today. What a great piece of kit! Was so simple to create different system configs and edit. Much easier to program than the ultradrive i thought. Cant wait to take it out, have a listen and do some more playing around while linked up to the system.

Anyone else using these units? any bad points people have noticed? so far im well impressed for the money.

Only just seen this thread, you are very welcome Sir.

No operational issues at all have been reported.

The fixed pixel size GUI is a bit of a bummer if you use certain NetBook comps. I was originally told this would be addressed however I now suspect that this will not happen at least with this version of the units. However they are so logical to programme from the front panel that this partly makes up for this.

Tony

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #18715 by neonogin
Replied by neonogin on topic Re: DB Mark26II - Thank you Tony Wilkes
I have been using these units (3 DP48II Total) from Tony for about a year now, with no complaints whatsoever.
They have been used on all sorts of high profile stuff with artists such as Feeder, Alexandra Burke, The Saturdays, Labrynth, Rizzle Kicks, Gym Class Heroes, Leona Lewis, Lamar, Craig David, I can go on & on !
We have also had many PA companies & engineers use them for example adlib audio who patched their lake lm44's for overall system eq into the DP. Again no complaints.
They have been out on gigs up to 15000 capacity outdoors too, with no complaints !

OK, so far the only complaint is about the GUI on small netbooks !
The way I see it is... Get a proper laptop or use splashtop with an ipad. Problem solved.

The front panel access is very easy to operate & understand for anyone who understands audio.
99% of the time, you don't need a PC hookup once your system is set.

Audio Quality is obviously up to it. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have been informed by now.

All in all,

No complaints so far !

Big up Mr Wilkes for bringing great products to us.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by neonogin.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #18716 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic Re: DB Mark26II - Thank you Tony Wilkes

neonogin wrote:
All in all,

No complaints so far !

Big up Mr Wilkes for bringing great products to us.

Cheers Mike, cheques in the post (again) :)

Tony
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Tony Wilkes.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds